CRJ-900 pilots...what takes so long?

You know, the funny thing about this thread is that it started out as not even very serious. Then one guy took it the wrong way, and every RJ jockey came out of the wood works to come at me. Fine.

Just realize that it's professional courtesy to get your airplane moving as quickly as possible when others need the alleyway. Hell, I hand-pushed my plane back with the help of a couple rampers when we were blocking the gate an XJT plane needed.

Christ. Someone get dasleben some nails, he's putting himself up on a cross.

Hope you can snap back from this champ. We're all pulling for you.

What the hell are you talking about? :dunno:

waaambulance.jpg

Sorry, say again, lotta sirens, can't hear you.

Haha, saved. :D

Oh we can go aaaaaaaall night with the forum pics. Got plenty saved for crackpipe trolling. ;)

I AM getting kinda bored, maybe I can go troll the pipe, make some crack about west coast s and how I always wanted to be one but didn't quite have the seniority, or how we're gonna get 70 seats AND THEN WE'LL HAVE AN 18 MONTH UPGRADE!!! 18 MONTH UPGRADE!!! 18 MONTH UPGRADE I mean oh crap we're really gonna furlough again oops.

I AM getting kinda bored, maybe I can go troll the pipe, make some crack about west coast s and how I always wanted to be one but didn't quite have the seniority, or how we're gonna get 70 seats AND THEN WE'LL HAVE AN 18 MONTH UPGRADE!!! 18 MONTH UPGRADE!!! 18 MONTH UPGRADE I mean oh crap we're really gonna furlough again oops.

I say we go start up a totally inflammatory rumor thread on the pipe. Gotta come up with something somewhat plausible, though... Hmmm... ;)

First to 5 pages wins.

I gotta say, when it comes to a cabin temperature issue, I agree with you dasleben. I remember days in the Saab waiting to push back in LGA with 34 pax in the back roasting cause they wouldn't let us start the engines at the gate. If I had already pushed and there was a fellow Saab waiting to push I moved out of the way as quick as possible.

Even now on the Dash, there is hardly any airflow with only one engine running, so if we have to wait a while to push because of someone behind us, there could be 74 peeps sweating in the back.

I'm not advocating anyone rush through checklists, etc. I've just always tried to be aware of who is trying to push etc, and try not to lollygag, especially since I don't know the cooling abilities or procedures for each different a/c.

In the winter, it's a different story haha.

Why am I late to this thread?! Hey Im an XJ 900 driver (for now). I didnt know that we were taking too long either. I agree with Joe that we have a few Captains like to taxi slow......

I gotta say, when it comes to a cabin temperature issue, I agree with you dasleben. I remember days in the Saab waiting to push back in LGA with 34 pax in the back roasting cause they wouldn't let us start the engines at the gate. If I had already pushed and there was a fellow Saab waiting to push I moved out of the way as quick as possible.

Even now on the Dash, there is hardly any airflow with only one engine running, so if we have to wait a while to push because of someone behind us, there could be 74 peeps sweating in the back.

I'm not advocating anyone rush through checklists, etc. I've just always tried to be aware of who is trying to push etc, and try not to lollygag, especially since I don't know the cooling abilities or procedures for each different a/c.

In the winter, it's a different story haha.

Exactly what I was getting at, thanks!

Sadly I think fewer and fewer people have had to experience the not-so-comfortable side of flying hot airplanes in the summer at major airports. :) Sitting there on Taxiway N in BOS, #20 in line for 22R with the crew hatch popped and the OAT reading 95F...you better believe my comrades and I are little annoyed when the air conditioned jets take their sweet time!

Exactly what I was getting at, thanks!

Sadly I think fewer and fewer people have had to experience the not-so-comfortable side of flying hot airplanes in the summer at major airports. :) Sitting there on Taxiway N in BOS, #20 in line for 22R with the crew hatch popped and the OAT reading 95F...you better believe my comrades and I are little annoyed when the air conditioned jets take their sweet time!

Nope. I just refuse the airplane on safety issues at that point. Once again, how do you KNOW they're taking their sweet time. You're assuming an awful lot. That's my main beef. Someone took it the wrong way, and you fired back with a lot of assumptions. Unless you've got Mesaba's checklist and ops manual in front of you and know what's going on during the push, you're shooting in the dark as to why they're "taking their sweet time." Maybe the headset didn't work on the push back? Our ops manual specifically says we can't even start the engines until the push is complete in that instance.

Nope. I just refuse the airplane on safety issues at that point. Once again, how do you KNOW they're taking their sweet time. You're assuming an awful lot.

Well, we don't refuse the airplane for it. As much as it might surprise some people who've "grown up" on jets, people handle the lack of A/C just fine. ;)

But hey, nobody has really told me what Mesaba is doing for the 5 minutes between tug disconnect and calling for taxi. I'm half tempted to key up and ask next time. :D By the way, this is a daily occurrence.

Nope. I just refuse the airplane on safety issues at that point. Once again, how do you KNOW they're taking their sweet time. You're assuming an awful lot. That's my main beef. Someone took it the wrong way, and you fired back with a lot of assumptions. Unless you've got Mesaba's checklist and ops manual in front of you and know what's going on during the push, you're shooting in the dark as to why they're "taking their sweet time." Maybe the headset didn't work on the push back? Our ops manual specifically says we can't even start the engines until the push is complete in that instance.

Holy crap guys, this has been blown out of proportion!

Listen everybody in this thread has flown various jet aircraft around before.

I think most of us would find that, on a daily basis, waiting 5 minutes after push to call for taxi would be a while.

Instead of saying, "Huh, wonder why it would take so long, our company can get moving in X minutes," we start digging in and attacking each other.

This thread, and the responses in it, is stupid.

Well, we don't refuse the airplane for it. As much as it might surprise some people who've "grown up" on jets, people handle the lack of A/C just fine. ;)

I'm thinking of grandma in row 4 when it comes to 95F and no APU. In fact, it gives us guidance in our manual with a chart if the taxi time is over X with the temp over X, we don't go. Guess I'm a wuss, though.

But hey, nobody has really told me what Mesaba is doing for the 5 minutes between tug disconnect and calling for taxi. I'm half tempted to key up and ask next time. :D By the way, this is a daily occurrence.

Might be more informative than ranting on the 'net. If it's a daily occurrence, then I'd wager it's an operational thing not someone out to screw the next guy.

Back