CrewPASS -- on its way?

Looks like the program is going well.

Here's to hoping it stays that way and isn't somehow made into another pain in our collective asses.

Qgar, get on the union to start working on reciprocal jumpseat agreements with other airlines.

Will do, Captain!;) It's on my "to-do" list. As you know, I'm already involved somewhat on the hotel committee.

:yeahthat: Thanks for setting the record straight, Qgar!

You're welcome, Captain! ;)

I found the only list of Jumpseat Agreements we received. Here it is:

JetBlue
ExpressJet Operated by Continental
Frontier Airlines
ATA Airlines
Spirit Airlines
MaxJet
Commut Jet
Caribbean Sun Airlines

Anybody see anything wrong with this list? :buck: Hmmmmmm. :panic:

It was specifically noted that we DO NOT a jumpseat agreement with United, USAir or Continental. :rolleyes:

As far as CrewPASS is concerned, why couldn't the protocol be for the crew going through together, with the CA being responsible for his/her crew.

I know at my airline we only have one or two FA's at most, so this may not be feasable with airlines that schedule pilots and FA's seperately.

Qgar, you should have your union contact AirTran's branch of the AFA. We have reciprocal agreements for our stews with lots of other carriers. I'm sure they'd be happy to provide one for you guys, and we fly to several of your hub cities.

Thanks, PCL! I'm seeing some of our union reps in a couple of weeks, and I'll be sure to mention it. I've never been involved with a union in my life and this is all so new to me, so any help you guys have to offer is very much appreciated. :) I hope you all know that! :rawk:

As far as CrewPASS is concerned, why couldn't the protocol be for the crew going through together, with the CA being responsible for his/her crew.

The program also works for commuters (in uniform) and crews showing at their domicile. I normally don't even see my crew until I get to the airplane in base, and if I was commuting I'd never see them.

Will do, Captain!;) It's on my "to-do" list. As you know, I'm already involved somewhat on the hotel committee.

You're welcome, Captain! ;)

I found the only list of Jumpseat Agreements we received. Here it is:

JetBlue
ExpressJet Operated by Continental
Frontier Airlines
ATA Airlines
Spirit Airlines
MaxJet
Commut Jet
Caribbean Sun Airlines

Anybody see anything wrong with this list? :buck: Hmmmmmm. :panic:

It was specifically noted that we DO NOT a jumpseat agreement with United, USAir or Continental. :rolleyes:

I have denied CAL FA's jumpseating and will continue to do so. I also deny CAL mechanics. I am all for getting people to work for free but unless they will return the favor to our folks, it isn't right. IMO of course.

I have denied CAL FA's jumpseating and will continue to do so. I also deny CAL mechanics. I am all for getting people to work for free but unless they will return the favor to our folks, it isn't right. IMO of course.

Sad it has to be that way. But it's true. Why should the big boys get to ride on you with no reciprocacy?

Interesting. . .never heard of it to be honest. At least on the Delta side of the house - mechanics never had jump seat (in the back obviously) privileges.

Now sure, anyone can non-rev to work. . .but I don't necessarily consider that "commuting" in the traditional sense.

We have mechanics that commute here also. We used to have a mx base up in PIT, and a few of the mechanics didn't want to move to ATL after the base closed up there. I've given a couple of them rides in the jumpseat to work.

Back