Crash in Las Cruces, NM kills 4

Feels like I'm reading about this stuff way too often. They were way too young to go, I feel for their families. Always terrible news...

I'll add this in, video from the report:
Good luck finding that black box...

Last edited:
Feels like I'm reading about this stuff way too often. They were way too young to go, I feel for their families. Always terrible news...
Yeah, its been a bad few weeks. We had a pilot from my home airport wreck a starduster last weekend. The Pilots brother died in the accident. Too many aviation accidents this summer. RIP to those involved.

Yes. Rumor has it that it got fueled with Jet :(

Damn. I hope that isn't the case for the fuelers sake.

Is the individual fueler facing any charges?

I've had fuelers try to fuel me with the wrong fuel in the past (jet into 310 and LL into a E110).

Confirmed this morning that it was mis-fueled. Allegedly, the truck was not well marked, and had helicopter adapters on the fuel nozzle, and so the fueler "thought" that he was dispensing 100LL.

Now, obviously, it'll be a while before all the facts to come out, but I, personally, can't understand how you could "think" that you were dispensing Low Lead while you were pumping kerosene.

Confirmed this morning that it was mis-fueled. Allegedly, the truck was not well marked, and had helicopter adapters on the fuel nozzle, and so the fueler "thought" that he was dispensing 100LL.

Now, obviously, it'll be a while before all the facts to come out, but I, personally, can't understand how you could "think" that you were dispensing Low Lead while you were pumping kerosene.
Yikes...a good example of why I always, always, always strain fuel from the sumps after a refuel just in case. But I'm guessing that isn't an option on this aircraft. Very sad, wouldn't want to be the fueler right now.

This was a very good friend of mine. He was a fantastic pilot. A better friend. And a perfect father. He and his wife had one child with another on the way. He will be missed dearly!
I'm really sorry, man...:(

Do you have a source for that info?

Back