Crash in Las Cruces, NM kills 4

Even scarier, I have seen where the FBO had a new guy load the Av truck with Jet at the tank farm. Luckily it got caught during morning sumps, but it grounded planes from 3 different companies for a good part of the day.

Even scarier, I have seen where the FBO had a new guy load the Av truck with Jet at the tank farm. Luckily it got caught during morning sumps, but it grounded planes from 3 different companies for a good part of the day.

Uhh what? Every jet farm/truck I have ever seen uses single point for upload which does not fit on avgas trucks. Thats crazy.

Some oversight to the standardization of trucks/pumps in regards to nozzle type is needed. Who? I don't know.

If the props are feathered, its almost always Jet-A.

Not all turbo-props feather on shutdown. Anytime you have try to tell staff a one-size fits all thing you are setting yourself up for a problem. When I was in line all of our trucks at guide books that gave us a lot of info about the airplane. If you are unsure for any reason ask a crewmember and don't assume you are doing it right. I never got mad at guy interrupting me to ask a question about servicing my aircraft. I would rather answer a million questions that have it screwed up. My pet peeve is FBO's not training their staff properly to start with. Don't put a guy out there by himself that hasn't been training period....

Yeah, but most turbines can eat some 100LL with no problems.

They can eat it some but you will have problems with the engine with any significant amount in the system.

Not all turbo-props feather on shutdown. Anytime you have try to tell staff a one-size fits all thing you are setting yourself up for a problem. When I was in line all of our trucks at guide books that gave us a lot of info about the airplane. If you are unsure for any reason ask a crewmember and don't assume you are doing it right. .

The point is that you are almost never wrong with Jet-A in an aircraft that feathers. The reverse is not true, if they are not feathered it can go either way. I cant think of a single 100LL burning machine that feathers on shutdown. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I dont disagree at all that if you dont know, ask.

The point is that you are almost never wrong with Jet-A in an aircraft that feathers. The reverse is not true, if they are not feathered it can go either way. I cant think of a single 100LL burning machine that feathers on shutdown. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I dont disagree at all that if you dont know, ask.

I have seen Beech 18 prop and governor installs on DHC-2's that go to about a 45 degree feather on shutdown, but the big round engine should be a dead giveaway that it takes its fuel leaded.

If you know a decent amount about airplanes, it is pretty easy to tell most of the time by just looking at the motor whether a prop is powered by a turbine or not. That being said, when I was a lineman, I never hesitated to ask what the crew wanted. I think that is just a good service mindset, though it would also prevent a fueling catastrophe from happening as well.

Back