Cool video

It's a blast. I really enjoy it.

@deadstick want to hide a 58 for me? I see potential in this market...

The hawk could maybe pick up 5-6000lbs. But it's also burning 1000lbs+/hour.
I can't remember the 206B burns, but it probably does a good job too.

I love those kind of vids!

Awesome to watch, and someone obviously has enough sense of pride in their job and skills to put in the effort to make a pretty dang good production to share with everyone.
I'm still scared to death of helicopters but that really does look like some seriously fun flying!

Haha... too many moving parts that can fail and cause disaster. Plus the complicated flight dynamics just to keep them operating "normally".

My hat's off to you swing wing guys! Much Respect.

Helicopters hate people. In fact, they hate everybody.
Nothing more than to reiterate this.

I've have learned to dull my senses a bit.
If it vibrates a little weird, I wait for the vibration to come back. (It never does). Or a clunk here or there (usually a ham fisted pilot playing with the trim).

Spidy sense and the hair on the back of my neck are always up.

Nothing more than to reiterate this.

I've have learned to dull my senses a bit.
If it vibrates a little weird, I wait for the vibration to come back. (It never does). Or a clunk here or there (usually a ham fisted pilot playing with the trim).

Spidy sense and the hair on the back of my neck are always up.

I've said it many times before, and I'll keep saying it again with my diatribe here:

Unlike airplanes, helicopters simply have a death wish, wanting to commit suicide at all times, and waiting for the right moment when the pilot isn't paying attention, so they can take you with them. It's nothing personal.......for they do warn you beforehand: The helicopter does in fact talk to you at all times. But woe be the pilot who 1. Doesn't listen to what the helicopter is telling him (complacency), or 2. Doesn't fully understand the language the helicopter is speaking (inexperience); for the helicopter will interpert both of these failures to listen to it, as a pilot who also has a suicidal death wish same as the helicopter, and who gladly wants to share with the helicopter a double-suicide fate. A fate the helicopter is more than happy to accomodate. And the helicopter is, and has always been, equal opportunity in this regard; for it harbors no hatred, holds no personal grudges, and does not discriminate in any way, shape, or form.

Helicopters have no friends, don't want any friends, and don't care to be your friend. Understand that, and you will be fine as the pilot of them.

Helicopters scare me. Kewl, but no thanks. Airplanes are perfect for lazy people.

Great video btw.

Helicopters scare me. Kewl, but no thanks. Airplanes are perfect for lazy people.

Great video btw.
Helicopter pilots are the last vestige of cowboys from the ol'West.
Taming 10, 000 pieces of metal flinging around in close formation, would be akin to taming a wild bronco.

Back