US buys some old russian junk

Dang, $2.26MM for 81 aircraft averages-out to $27,900 per aircraft. That’s only a modest premium over the scrap price of aluminum (50¢-70¢ per pound).

They basically are scrap.

It’s essentially a mass pick and pull parts guy, with the additional aid of being able to use them as decoys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They basically are scrap.

It’s essentially a mass pick and pull parts guy, with the additional aid of being able to use them as decoys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keeps them out of enemy hands. Maybe some parts for ally. And at worst get some stuff to practice shooting at.

Reactions: JEP
Keeps them out of enemy hands. Maybe some parts for ally. And at worst get some stuff to practice shooting at.

Honestly I think we’d be better off stripping them for some more critical non structural components and just running them over with a bulldozer.

The operational readiness and maintenance practices would leave me very suspect of putting these parts on anything we want our friends riding in. Plus how they cost whatever they do to ship.

And the Ukrainian military has shown an unbelievably good ability at building vismods so the decoy thing is handled pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back