Continental 737 Off Runway In DEN

Stupid questions.....perhaps

1. Why is there no data on flightaware? I would think it would say something, but it just skips over 12/20/08

2. What happened to the live feed and archived feed from KDEN on liveatc.net? It's suddenly disappeared....for all dates

Stupid questions.....perhaps

1. Why is there no data on flightaware? I would think it would say something, but it just skips over 12/20/08

2. What happened to the live feed and archived feed from KDEN on liveatc.net? It's suddenly disappeared....for all dates

Prevent the news and people from their usual speculation?

I know the crew and they are capable and professional aviators. I can imagine that whatever happened, they certainly had their hands full. I do know that their number one priority was the safe operation of their aircraft and the safety of their passengers. Please reserve any judgment until the facts are available. We would all wish for the same if it had been us.

I know the crew and they are capable and professional aviators. I can imagine that whatever happened, they certainly had their hands full. I do know that their number one priority was the safe operation of their aircraft and the safety of their passengers. Please reserve any judgment until the facts are available. We would all wish for the same if it had been us.

I wasn't making any judgments about the crew or anything, i was just wondering why all the data disappeared....I believe the prior posting is probably more on the money: keep the media from making assumptions about things they know nothing about. That being said, it's just weird how fast data can appear or disappear these days.

Calcapt,

Being that I am former XJT and once was a rep on the CALALPA MEC I know way more CAL pilots than I do at Delta. If you don't mind, could you PM me who the guys were?

I would second this.

CNN just has live coverage of an NTSB press conference. Nothing yet. They are reviewing all the data and have yet to interview the captain. The FO is being interviewed this evening.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/22/us/22crash.html?_r=1&ref=us

...Some investigators said they believed the pilot was trying to abort the takeoff. One aviation official said that the way the plane had veered off the runway suggested several possibilities: that engines were operating at different thrust levels; that brakes on the two main landing gears were operating with different effectiveness; or that thrust reversers on the engine had not deployed symmetrically.

Investigators with the safety board had not interviewed either of the two pilots as of Sunday evening, so it was unclear which of them was in command at the time of the crash. One of the pilots was taken to a hospital, but it was not clear if that pilot was among those who had been treated and released or if he was still hospitalized.

It was also not clear if the plane was ever airborne; the airport manager said it ran into the ravine about 2,000 feet down the length of the 12,000-foot runway. The runway was free of snow and dry at the time of the crash, 6:18 p.m. on Saturday, Mountain time, officials said...

crash_large.jpg

(don't yell at me, I don't know who the reporter is calling "officials" and "investigators")

That's a great pic! Lots you can see there. Kind of crazy - they couldn't have much closer to the fire station without running into it.

Is it just me or does it look like the nosewheel was gone by the time it left the pavement. I don't see a nosewheel mark in the snow.

That is a pretty detailed pic. You can see where the engine thrust disrupted the snow on the right side engine when it veared off the runway. I dont see the same detail for the left engine.
The NTSB mentioned something about investigating all the perishable evidence before the weathers kicks in again.

clearly an overload in the right side chemtrail dispenser. you can see the chems on the runway on the right side of the ground track. I wouldn't expect to see that in the final report, though.

clearly an overload in the right side chemtrail dispenser. you can see the chems on the runway on the right side of the ground track. I wouldn't expect to see that in the final report, though.

I think both pilots succumbed to Aerotoxic Syndrome at the same exact time during the takeoff role, also.

As the investigation begins any information will be pulled and kept from the public so the investigation will not be influenced by speculation. The information will be released as it has been processed and no longer a factor in the outcome of the report.

Again, the flight crew and cabin crew did an outstanding job and it shows as there were no fatalities. Even though human error is always pointed out, sometimes there are things the flight crew have no control over. Again, please reserve judgement and opinion until the facts are in.

My thoughts and prayers are with the crew and passengers. Good Job and Thank You for doing an excellent job.

Happy Hollidays to all of you. Be safe and fly with the sun as your guide. :rawk:

Back