Comments/Suggestions

I feel bad for making suggestions since it was a great weekend....

--I know ya'll are working on more recruiters for next year, but I would like to see an Expressjet recruiter along with Ameriflight. FlyChicaga was representin' the Expressjet peeps, but not quite the same as talkin' to folks that grant interviews (sorry Matt). Ameriflight would be a good compliment to Airnet since they do the same type of flying with different equipment/locations. It's important to try and capture recruiters from the airlines mostly talked about on the forum boards.

--The ice breaker was awesome....it definitely needs to be a keeper.

About Ameriflight.

I've done recruiting for them before, and it was like pulling teeth to get them to send me and another training captain to Western Michigan's job fair. Even when they did, it was the training department, not the recruiting department sending the pilots. I think we made an impact and got a stack of resumes, but getting Amflight to send an official representative. But if you'd like, I'll let my old boss know about this event and see if he can get somebody out.

But I mean honestly, just having KLB there to walk in your resume is all you need. Kelvin has a great reputation at Ameriflight and his handing in your resume would go a lot further than you might think.

Nah, the one I was interested in was Canadian so unless they're importing Canadian hookers to Vegas...

Gotta go for the chicks that are from out of town!

Me and 777 had us two nice ones, but I didn't want to go disrespecting the Taylors and the rest of the JC gang by bringing them upstairs. Plus we would have to beat all of the rest of the JC singles back with a stick. "You trynna talk to my woman"
Furious.gif

But I mean honestly, just having KLB there to walk in your resume is all you need. Kelvin has a great reputation at Ameriflight and his handing in your resume would go a lot further than you might think.

I did the best I could in giving the good, bad, and ugly on Amflight to who ever inquired. There were more people interested in Ameriflight than I thought would have been.

I guess I could have volunteered to be the official represenative. I believe Doug reached out to recruiting though.

I tried to get Ameriflight to show up, however everything was last minute.

2008, I can probably get Ameriflight there.

I've been pimping airlines all week and they've been pretty responsive to showing up in 2008.

Most of the planning was in hte last six weeks prior to the job fair thingy, but with almost 51 weeks notice, we're going to need a bigger boat.

I've already got my employer penciled in, so that's at least one major. I have a contact at UAL that's enthusiastic about coming, including this years attendees. It's going to be massive.

I tried to get Ameriflight to show up, however everything was last minute.

2008, I can probably get Ameriflight there.

I've been pimping airlines all week and they've been pretty responsive to showing up in 2008.

Most of the planning was in hte last six weeks prior to the job fair thingy, but with almost 51 weeks notice, we're going to need a bigger boat.

I've already got my employer penciled in, so that's at least one major. I have a contact at UAL that's enthusiastic about coming, including this years attendees. It's going to be massive.

When you talk with recruiting, don't call recruiting! Call me and I'll get you the names and numbers of the folks you want to talk with, because I can assure you it IS NOT recruiting.

When you talk with recruiting, don't call recruiting! Call me and I'll get you the names and numbers of the folks you want to talk with, because I can assure you it IS NOT recruiting.

I'm going to hold you to that John! :)

Oh, and get your @ss over here for next year's NJC, or pop into PHX again when you can. :D

...but I would like to see an Expressjet recruiter along with Ameriflight. FlyChicaga was representin' the Expressjet peeps, but not quite the same as talkin' to folks that grant interviews (sorry Matt).

I take no offense. I will tell you though, with the current HR team you will never see the XJT Recruiters at NJC, or any other event other than the OBAP and WIAI conferences. Possibly AirInc, but not likely. If XJT is represented at events other than these, it is by pilots who want to help out fellow pilots.

Don't get me started on our Human Resources team, specifically pilot hiring. :rolleyes:

we are.. i already got permission :D

I didn't like the sticky nametags much....but they were easier to make!

nah...just ran out of em and didn't have the funds to replenish this time around.

Back