Comair to Cease Operations Sept 29

That is assuming it goes to a carrier that already flies 200's for DAL... rumor says it will not.

Rumor doesn't add up. Rumor has the planes going to an airline that is struggling to staff 12 recently acquired 700s and now they are going to get 28 new airplanes by Sept 30th and be able to hire and train 280 pilots in two months?

However I do know a company that strangely decided to fill vacancies on the CRJ200 with new hires even though they are very over staffed on the 700/900.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The SMART thing to do would be trade them to Skywest or ASA in a 2:1 deal like they did a year or so ago. What they'll probably do is send them to GoJets because they're the cheapest flavor of the month.

Doubt that will happen unless management has found new flying for the CRJ200s with another carrier.

My educated guess is that the planes will be split between ExpressJet and Skywest

For the -900s, I think you are correct. For the -700s, they're going to GoJet.

We will see. Doubling an airline's flying when they can't staff the first 12 planes is funny business, but anything goes in this business. Only time will tell

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

So what's the word as far as shutdown goes? Will furloughs start soon or will everyone just be staffed until the last day?

And my bet is that the planes will be distributed among other regionals. That at least until their chosen home is staffed for 28 aircraft :)

I've heard grumblings of GoJets around JFK. Something about diversity of feed or something like that.

But then again, they'll get passed around like the "Rugby Queen" at a post-game party.

Sent from my TRS-80

Back