Color vision restriction

Flyguy87

Seeing that some of the color vision forums date back to 2009 I am curious as to what the current regs are. I currently have a night restriction after 8 years of passing the ishihara plates. I have tried the farnsworth and did not have luck with that. However I find it strange Bc I have never had any trouble identifing colors on the aircraft/airfield. I am looking to get my commercial single engine add on and CFI with a second class medical. Am I able to have a second class with a night restriction?

Is this a typo? How do you have a restriction if you've been passing the Ichihara plates. There are a few different types of Tests. Make sure that you try as many as you can before doing the light gun test with the FAA.

I went through the color vision mess a year ago. I recommend taking the OCVT/MFT. PM me if you want to know all of the details of what I had to do to get it removed for good.

I went through the color vision mess a year ago. I recommend taking the OCVT/MFT. PM me if you want to know all of the details of what I had to do to get it removed for good.

If you pass it is, if you bust the test you are hosed. Exhaust all other options before going down this road, it's truly a "one-and-done" option.

also saw this... sounds like a similar situation to the OP

"So I talked to a therapeutic optemologist about 2 and a half weeks ago and he figured out my problem in about 3 minutes. I was taking 1000mg Vitamin C pills everyday to "stay healthy" (I know I'm an idiot) and he said if was definately the overdose of Vitamin C that was affecting my color vision. I stopped taking the pills immediately and I am already starting to be able to see the ishihara plates again! Just FYI to all of those people out there that magically can't see them anymore, might just be the case of too much Vitamin C."

Back