Colgan's anti Alpa Campaign

L-16B

Anybody else get the memo this morning? It's a full page document from Colgan with Colgan air letterhead, blasting alpa saying that we won't get any new airplanes, and that Pinnacle is the enemy. It's a Jpeg, and I dont have a clue how to attach it, or I would.

I particularly like how it's unsigned.

Attachments

• Pinnacle Pilots want your flying.jpg
    Pinnacle Pilots want your flying.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 325
//OFF TOPIC//

Sorry for the off topic question, but I don't want to start a new thread. What is the hiring situation at Colgan right now? Hiring?

hahahaah i saw it this morning. made me laugh. got my roommate up so he could see it. we laughed then we cried then we had breakfast. good times. the best thing to do is call all of your fellow cjc pilots and keep them informed. i cant vote but i know i have called people i have met in the past few weeks to help remind them they have an important decision to make in the next few weeks.

"The Pinnacle pilots want your flying. Since Pinnacle Airlines Corp. acquired Colgan Air,
Inc., ALPA and its member pilots at Pinnacle Airlines, Inc., another subsidiary of our corporate
parent, Pinnacle Airlines Corp., have been tirelessly working to get you integrated into ALPA’s
pilot membership at Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. They tried to get you to vote for ALPA last year and
you said “No.” They have used the grievance and arbitration process in their contract with
Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. to try and force Pinnacle Airlines Corp. to restrict what Colgan can do.
And now they are back again to try and get you to voluntarily give up the independence you now
enjoy.
What is the grand design of ALPA’s Pinnacle pilots? Take a look at the “Parent
Agreement” they have proposed in the negotiations with Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. Under the
Parent Agreement, ALPA states it is trying to negotiate “job security and work preservation
provisions” in connection with its bargaining for a new CBA at Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. The Parent
Agreement would require our corporate parent, like Pinnacle Airlines, Inc., to be bound by the
job security and scope provisions of the Pinnacle pilot’s ALPA contract.
What does this mean for you? The Parent Agreement would effectively impose the
“Pinnacle Pilots’ Seniority List” on you, the Colgan pilots, and integrate Colgan with Pinnacle
Airlines, Inc. into a “single transportation system.” In other words, in the world according to the
Pinnacle Pilots and ALPA, Colgan’s new equipment will be flown by pilots on a combined
Colgan-Pinnacle pilot’s seniority list. Do you really want that?
Don’t take our word for it, ask ALPA for the language yourself.
If there was an integrated seniority list, who would win bids on your flying, you, or more
senior Pinnacle pilots? If you were on an integrated seniority list, who would be better protected
in a layoff, you or more senior Pinnacle pilots? Why do you think the Pinnacle pilots have
worked so hard to get you to be ALPA members? They certainly wouldn’t be pulling out all the
stops if they didn’t think it was better for them. Right now, they see you as potential
competitors. They want to eliminate the competition and create more opportunities for
themselves.
The scope proposal also limits Colgan to the aircraft that we have now by tail number
with no additional aircraft to be flown by Colgan pilots. What would this do to Colgan First
Officer opportunities to upgrade?
Look to your own self-interest. What is better for you and Colgan? Remember, if you
want to vote “No” to ALPA, don’t vote!?

there ya go now its nice and big and everyone can read it.

The other day at the ALPA lunch in EWR I asked the rep from PCL MEC and he told myself and a few others that scope is a dead issue for them. Managment refuses to talk with them about such a issue. They do want to have some sort of scope, but wasn't really clear about what they expected to get. After my long conversation with these guys I really don't expect them to get a contract say COLGAN CAN NEVER GROW!!! I just don't see that happening. Can someone from PCL MEC clearify what the current issue is with scope on here?

When will ALPA be back in EWR to discuss this with us again?

ALPA is putting out a response to this. It is going to be a good one.

If someone is on the fence, all I have to say is, when has management listened to us when it comes to inputs with our schedules, missing pay credits, being released from duty early when you have 15 people on hot reserve, and needing an extra day off here or there. When have they listened to us? WHEN? WHY should we start listening to them now?

I urge Colgan Pilots to listen to those on the Organizing Committee and vote YES for ALPA!

I just got my 3rd copy of the letter emailed to me today, this time it was from the great Buddy Casey himself. And to top it off, his email was completely blank, with only the attachment. He sure cares about us :)

I just read it and couldn't believe my eyes. :whatever: Talk about pathetic! Now they're resorting to scare tactics? If anything, I hope it unifies you guys even MORE and PROVES how much you need ALPA! :rawk:

That's illegal per the NLRB in SO many ways it's not even funny. Like VERY large fines illegal. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Now of course, here's where the very interesting part comes in. Because it's NOT signed in a legal sense it is possible the company (at least the holding company) could plead that they didn't actually put it out and it came from one (or several) disgruntled employees. Granted the fact that it was sent from a corporate email address doesn't help that argument too much.

However, recent case law (the UAL sick out) would say that it is the group leadership's (in the actual case the UAL MEC but in this case PCL Management) responsibility to prevent "illegal" activities from occuring.

ALPA is putting out a response to this. It is going to be a good one.

If someone is on the fence, all I have to say is, when has management listened to us when it comes to inputs with our schedules, missing pay credits, being released from duty early when you have 15 people on hot reserve, and needing an extra day off here or there. When have they listened to us? WHEN? WHY should we start listening to them now?

I urge Colgan Pilots to listen to those on the Organizing Committee and vote YES for ALPA!
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

12 FO's on reserve on the 30th and they will NOT let me out of it. even though i have called and offered to pick up EVERY open pairing all month. Volunteered to fly the canada trip for repaint on days off... and still, they won't give me one day off? or let me off of hot reserve 1.5 hrs early on last day of pairing to get home?

Scheduling actually asked me if i could " just take fed ex home, that will get in you before morning" :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

...or when you're activated when you know damn well there are people waay junior to you being left alone. Seems like the only time mgt. is nice to you is when THEY need a favor.. God forbid you ask for anything, even though you're a model employee. Don't get me started...:banghead: :rolleyes: :mad:

This letter is disgusting. What is wrong with corporate management these days:banghead:

Read it in the "political slander advertisement voice".

Ads a whole new level of humor to it! :)

Pinnacle pilots want to harm your childrennnnnnnn...

harm is not the word i was going to use. eat is more like it. they are supposedly running off with our wife and dog. might take the house. thats still in negotiation with scope. just some of the details. either way i love it. the only thing i can do is call people i know and ask them to vote.

When you're at work on the Q, ALPA pilots are in bed with your spoussssssssse.

Do you really want to sign that union card?

Read it in the "political slander advertisement voice".

Ads a whole new level of humor to it! :)

Pinnacle pilots want to harm your childrennnnnnnn...

I always used Montgomery Burns' voice from the Simpsons when I read company memos.

Works well for it, really.

"Smithers! Draft a memo!" :)

Back