Colgan just hired street captain

row9

So here's what i've heard. One confirmed saab street captian to start class end of this month. He had worked at colgan and left to go to cargo company.

Q400 lines painted in houston

Colgan has booked all the q400 sim time starting in June.

Anyone else know about any of these?

It just drives me nuts, why is Colgan hiring a street captain with so many FOs who could bid for that seat?

What is the real story? There has to be more to it other than management trying to poke Colgan ALPA in the eye.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...

Hold on- we don't know if there is any truth to this.

And why would they want to book the Q400 time? The first airplane is 17 months away.

Also SAAB upgrades for April/May canceled already, that is a fact.

Wow, Colgan is cancelling upgrade classes in advance. Used to just cancel them as you were driving down to the class. Glad to see things are getting better over there.

Yo SmittyB, I here some strange things are happening up your way. Any truth to that?

Other than complain, no. But our MEC already has a good working relationship with management.

And wick, yes, ITH fliting is being eliminated for the summer. We think the airplane is headed for the Cape.

Other than complain, no. But our MEC already has a good working relationship with management.

And wick, yes, ITH fliting is being eliminated for the summer. We think the airplane is headed for the Cape.

Heard a recent rumor from a check airmen who had a private meeting with management in HEF. Continental wants the 15th back in Newark ASAP. also, they want the next 15 here soon. Harry told me its possible to get more on property before next August... but seems highly unlikely. Also. CAL wants us to start flying 2-2.5 hour legs now.... who knows if thats true though.

In my years here, I have NEVER seen a "check airman" rumor come true.

In fact I have only seen/heard of 2 in the last 3 years that came true. Colgan was getting bought, and that we were going to start moving Beech FO's to SAAB CA spots.

Timlines, orders, spots, bases etc... all figments of imagination/desperation.

My question, are we going to fly the next 15 without a contract as well? With the same payscale... just because they are bringing them to IAH maybe? Are we going to let Lodgex pick the hotels in Mexico?

Heard a recent rumor from a check airmen who had a private meeting with management in HEF. Continental wants the 15th back in Newark ASAP. also, they want the next 15 here soon. Harry told me its possible to get more on property before next August... but seems highly unlikely. Also. CAL wants us to start flying 2-2.5 hour legs now.... who knows if thats true though.
I love check airmen rumors. I heard Colgan was gonna start up the first SWA express flying out of Dallas.

God I hope not.

PNCL Earnings Conf. Call says CAL wants it to be NextGen and they don't think they can get one until the next batch in Aug. 2010.

But again, I also heard a rumor that the United deal was imminent on Feb 10. So go figure.

Biggest source of rumors on our side of the house are check airmen, MX and company conference calls. Pinnacle LOVES tossing teasers on their conference calls and wording them in a way that if they don't happen, they don't have egg on their face. "United flying is imminent" still gives them the option to come back and say "Well, something happened at the last minute, and the deal wasn't plausible. However, we are still hopeful that a good outcome can be reached." Basically changed "United" to "Pinnacle pilots," and you've got pretty much every company conference call for the last several years. They say they're close to signing a pilot deal EVERY conference call.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...

Hold on- we don't know if there is any truth to this.

And why would they want to book the Q400 time? The first airplane is 17 months away.

Also SAAB upgrades for April/May canceled already, that is a fact.

Is there any way to tell if you leave street captains out what your junior date of hire for captain is?

er.. maybe more to the point.. what's the date of hire of your most senior first officers?

Back