Colgan just hired street captain

That seems difficult. How about bypass pay instead? I know everybody wants to be a CA, but the pain is a lot less, when your making more than the street CA next to you... Kinda like, any FO that "Could" hold the spot a street CA is in, be it age, TT, time with company, that bids it, will get CA pay for his longevity.

So, the number 1 fo, who is on the Q bids Q CA... because there are street CA's on the Q, the FO, while not upgraded should receive 4th yr CA pay untill he upgrades or bids different equipment. In turn, if he bid SAAB CA, and there were less senior pilots holding a spot that he could take, he would get 4th yr saab CA pay. etc ( I am very sure, that He would love 4th year ca pay while being an FO... sched of his choice, and high pay for his seat...)

That would be the best of all possible worlds... for everybody except the company. Pay a street captain captain's pay at the 2 year point or so, and then some FO on a Saab 4th year Q pay?

Some management type would crap himself, and likely do everything possible to block it.

Nearly every colgan fo on here is affected by a street captain. 2 fo's that were slated for 1900 upgrade never got it because of street captains, and are now transitioning with a 1yr seat lock as an fo, delaying upgrade by a minimum of a year. They were qualified for that 1900 spot. In a small company, a small change in sen list can have big ramifications

This is another issue that you will hopefully have dealt with in your contract. I foresaw this same event happening to me, and was one of the biggest reasons I bailed.

Back