Club Furlough

Did they even issue their dispatchers WARN letters? Dispatch wasn’t on the list included with the letter they sent, just management positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VSTL was already being offered in advance of the time WARN would have come. As long as peeps keep taking it, no furlough worries.

So you think Delta should take bail out money to keep jobs through March when they already have concessions to keep employees safe we’ll beyond that?

The backwards ass propaganda you continue to spew is fascinating, albeit scary that someone making rational decisions effecting public safety continues to believe it.

I think that United, American, Delta et al are in survival mode. They're just trying to keep the lights on. If someone was offering free money (i.e. no strings attached) they'd be foolish not to at least consider it.

To what "propaganda" do you refer? Is it not true that Big Media is constantly beating the "case count" drumbeat? Is it not true that certain politicians continue to keep their states locked down? Is it not true that certain political candidates have promised to tighten restrictions even more if elected?

If it is like the FA and Pilots it is OCT 2nd will be the end of their time at AA for now. Saw on one of the articles for that message on the waste bag, they included a picture of the furlough notice the FA got.

Well since a dispatcher is telling you what the furlough date is for them at AA, and dispatchers are not FA’s or Pilot’s I don’t think it’s like that.

I think that United, American, Delta et al are in survival mode. They're just trying to keep the lights on. If someone was offering free money (i.e. no strings attached) they'd be foolish not to at least consider it.

To what "propaganda" do you refer? Is it not true that Big Media is constantly beating the "case count" drumbeat? Is it not true that certain politicians continue to keep their states locked down? Is it not true that certain political candidates have promised to tighten restrictions even more if elected?

What “Big Media” is saying doesn’t do anything to bypass the screaming the unions are doing.

Looks like some airlines are working with their pilot teams to avoid furloughs by reducing work hours. It sounds like Alaska is doing that with their Dispatchers. Is there any talk of that with some of the others?

Looks like some airlines are working with their pilot teams to avoid furloughs by reducing work hours. It sounds like Alaska is doing that with their Dispatchers. Is there any talk of that with some of the others?
Alaska is not doing that with their dispatchers. People were given a voluntary option to share a schedule with another dispatcher. All dispatch lines have the full amount of hours, some just may be shared by multiple people.

Alaska is not doing that with their dispatchers. People were given a voluntary option to share a schedule with another dispatcher. All dispatch lines have the full amount of hours, some just may be shared by multiple people.
But all the dispatchers keeps their full pay? Or is that reduced?

So in effect it IS a pay reduction
But it is not forced. We still have our contract and our hours. For instance, I didn’t take a line share or any other leave. So I still am making my normal (full) pay, and I’m also working my normal (full) hours.

But it is not forced. We still have our contract and our hours. For instance, I didn’t take a line share or any other leave. So I still am making my normal (full) pay, and I’m also working my normal (full) hours.
So its a voluntary pay cut in effect. If it prevent furloughs then yay for that.

I’m assuming Alaska is offering a voluntary line share to reduce the number of dispatch lines they have. Has Alaska said what the recourse is if they don’t get the amount of voluntary line shares they’re looking for?

I’m assuming Alaska is offering a voluntary line share to reduce the number of dispatch lines they have. Has Alaska said what the recourse is if they don’t get the amount of voluntary line shares they’re looking for?
It was one of a few options we got to choose from. There were enough volunteers for furlough mitigation and all dispatchers are safe from involuntary furlough per the numbers given to us by management.

It was 34/35, I forget the exact number.

Everyone was offered recall. So few took it that they’re having to hire in this environment. Think about that before you apply.

It was 34/35, I forget the exact number.

Everyone was offered recall. So few took it that they’re having to hire in this environment. Think about that before you apply.

For those not in the know, could you elaborate? Is it the terms of the recall that are/were the issue, or just Republic in general?

I don’t follow. I didn’t quote since I was on mobile, but the question was how many were furloughed, which is 34/35 and were they all offered recall, which is yes.

I don’t follow. I didn’t quote since I was on mobile, but the question was how many were furloughed, which is 34/35 and were they all offered recall, which is yes.

He’s asking why the dxers refused to go back to work for them

Back