Club Furlough

AA - 144
UA - 155
I believe 2 regional are shutting down.
Not a good time to be in the airline industry.

If the furlough is only expected to be a relatively short duration, it makes you feel that something internally in the company can be worked out to prevent so many furloughs. Is a furlough even worth it for such a short time?

If the furlough is only expected to be a relatively short duration, it makes you feel that something internally in the company can be worked out to prevent so many furloughs. Is a furlough even worth it for such a short time?

They’re probably saying that just so Congress doesn’t feel it’s wasteful to extend the PSP until April. I highly doubt they are actually anticipating a major recovery in 2021.

Short term furloughs really only don’t make sense for pilots because they have to go back through the sim generally and potentially OE. That’s where it gets cost disadvantageous to furlough pilots. DX I would assume recurrent if they DQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe 2 regional are shutting down.
Not a good time to be in the airline industry.

I think four regionals have shut down or are in the process of doing so: TranStates, Compass, ExpressJet, and RavnAir. I definitely agree that this isn't the a good time to be in the industry, especially if you're starting out.

I think four regionals have shut down or are in the process of doing so: TranStates, Compass, ExpressJet, and RavnAir. I definitely agree that this isn't the a good time to be in the industry, especially if you're starting out.
Define starting out

Short term furloughs really only don’t make sense for pilots because they have to go back through the sim generally and potentially OE. That’s where it gets cost disadvantageous to furlough pilots. DX I would assume recurrent if they DQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But when there is a decent portion of the furloughed being paid anywhere between 2-4 months of their normal rate as furlough pay, a six to eight month furlough would likely only have a limited savings to it.

United notices went out today....furloughing 155 dispatchers. Over 35% of the seniority list. Unless they do a CARES act extension, which seems doubtful right now...
So would that include the class that started around september October of last year? Are they the newest class?

So would that include the class that started around september October of last year? Are they the newest class?
Newest class was hired in February I think. My buddy was in that class.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Back