Club Furlough

He’s asking why the dxers refused to go back to work for them
Thank you.

I think why has been covered to death in this thread. But to recap, being the only operating airline to take hundreds of millions of dollars to keep people safe, and walking hundreds the days before you sign the agreement speaks loads about your ethics as a company and how you actually value your people.

This same thing is happening at the majors as well. These recalls are all temporary (through March 31st). Most of the peeps I know who got furloughed are waiting it out at a new job until a permanent recall happens. Makes sense to me.
If they're offering recall and it is refused isn't that the end of the line? Why would they offer a second recall opportunity to people that already refused?

If they're offering recall and it is refused isn't that the end of the line? Why would they offer a second recall opportunity to people that already refused?

These recalls are only valid until March 31, then everyone gets furloughed again. At my airline you technically have to accept recall, but they're offering leave of absence for anyone who doesn't want to come back for just 3 months. If the recall becomes permanent or lasts longer than March 31 we would then come off of leave and into active employment. Other airlines could be doing it different and allowing people to bypass this round of recalls depending on what their CBA says.

It's all about out that COLA. You do slide down the seniority list when you take the unpaid leave though.

Hearing at work that Delta will be hiring soon. Not sure how many. I don't make it over here to the forum much so sorry if I miss any questions.

Actually, I'll be honest. I'll just be ignoring questions.

Last edited:
Hearing at work that Delta will be hiring soon. Not sure how many. I don't make it over here to the forum much so sorry if I miss any questions.

Why did you let us know Delta may be opening up soon if you will not be answering dead-horse inquisition?

Inception_horn.midi

Lastest through the grapevine: Class of 15 with an August start. Will likely be comprised of mostly, if not exclusively, external candidates. No idea when it will be posted, sometime before August I reckon. Another class of similar size to follow this winter or next spring if demand keeps at current pace.

Lastest through the grapevine: Class of 15 with an August start. Will likely be comprised of mostly, if not exclusively, external candidates. No idea when it will be posted, sometime before August I reckon. Another class of similar size to follow this winter or next spring if demand keeps at current pace.

I second this… anywhere from 45-50 new hires by next summer.

Posting will likely be up any day.

So safe to say there will be another posting in the fall/winter? Asking for an internal friend who just relocated to ATL…

Back