Club Furlough

Bloody day at Republic today. 1/3 of their dispatchers got shown the door. Many over the phone.
I am having a hard time understanding how they are going to get the stimulus money while also furloughing people. Isn't it a stipulation of the funding that they cannot let people go before Sept 30th? Or does furloughing not count?

If they are furloughing people it would seem they didn’t even apply for the money. If they had then by doing this the funding has vanished.

I am having a hard time understanding how they are going to get the stimulus money while also furloughing people. Isn't it a stipulation of the funding that they cannot let people go before Sept 30th? Or does furloughing not count?

That is a stipulation, but if RP didn't get any of the stimulus money then they aren't bound to that restriction.

If they are furloughing people it would seem they didn’t even apply for the money. If they had then by doing this the funding has vanished.
That is a stipulation, but if RP didn't get any of the stimulus money then they aren't bound to that restriction.
I heard they were having difficulty getting the money because of something to do with their corporate structure. I guess this must be their answer for people who were wondering if they got it or not. Shareholders must not be kosher with the terms of the grant

It would b nice if the grants were a longer duration such as til December or maybe even next year. Who knows a vaccination may be available by then.

It would b nice if the grants were a longer duration such as til December or maybe even next year. Who knows a vaccination may be available by then.
All I know is that if RP ends up getting the money after letting this many people go, there should be hell to pay

No way they get it after this. Do we know if it was a third of all departments or just the ops floor? Since they could go up to that 10% magic number...
I hadn't heard of any 10% number. Do you mean that they can layoff/furlough up to 10% of employees and still get the money?

No way they get it after this. Do we know if it was a third of all departments or just the ops floor? Since they could go up to that 10% magic number...

Only management knows the full number, but 150 from corporate last week, plus a quarter of crew scheduling, the favorite duty manager and the training manager.

I hadn't heard of any 10% number. Do you mean that they can layoff/furlough up to 10% of employees and still get the money?
My understanding from the CARES act thread. Solar Bear found it at 4003 c.2.G on page 192 (191 on my screen)

(G) the agreement provides that, until September 30, 2020, the eligible business shall maintain its employment levels as of March 24, 2020, to the extent practicable, and in any case shall not reduce its employment levels by more than 10 percent from the levels on such date;

Only management knows the full number, but 150 from corporate last week, plus a quarter of crew scheduling, the favorite duty manager and the training manager.
True. That is interesting, had not heard about the corp ones last week. Best wishes for all of them! Sadly I know more will come, but it hurts each time to hear.

All I know is that if RP ends up getting the money after letting this many people go, there should be hell to pay

United posted the terms of their payroll support program agreement as an 8-K on their investor relations site a few days ago:
https://ir.united.com/static-files/cc1915c8-ba8f-40b7-b710-91a6653d114c pages 73-84 and it looks like the "no furlougs or layoffs" takes effect only once the agreement is signed:
Furloughs and Layoffs. The Recipient shall not conduct an Involuntary Termination or Furlough of any Employee between the date of this Agreement and September 30, 2020.
So if Republic hasn't signed an agreement for the grants yet, they haven't breached the agreement.

Only the CARES act loans have a lookback to employment levels as of March 24, 2020. Sucks that the grants don't, but the government was supposed to come to agreements with airlines long before now.

You have favorite duty managers? Also I don’t think fining airlines for breaching the contracts would help as it would lead to more furloughs and possibly cause airlines to close.

Hard to not have a favorite when the rest have their nose so far up satan’s ass that all you hear when they talk is a muffle.
Are they supportive operations wise with safety being #1? Heard stories about how ops at Compass we’re ran that were well “concerning”

Back