Club Furlough

Are they supportive operations wise with safety being #1? Heard stories about how ops at Compass we’re ran that were well “concerning”

They know their limitations on operational control and safety of flight. No dispatcher will release something that isn’t safe, but the skid marks from the bus are prevalent.

So if Republic hasn't signed an agreement for the grants yet, they haven't breached the agreement.
People should remember this well if/when things return to normal... Don't forget this kind of thing when you see your airline blowing money on frivolous garbage.

A Republic dispatcher informed me that they did receive government grant money, but they are still allowed to furlough up to 10% of all positions. They furloughed more than 10% of the dispatch group, but as far as company layoffs overall, they are complying with the grant stipulations.

October is going to be an ugly month for this industry. Plus, it's my birthday month. Yay.

A Republic dispatcher informed me that they did receive government grant money, but they are still allowed to furlough up to 10% of all positions. They furloughed more than 10% of the dispatch group, but as far as company layoffs overall, they are complying with the grant stipulations.

October is going to be an ugly month for this industry. Plus, it's my birthday month. Yay.

There was never anything put out stating the money was recevied. The last that was stated was they were still talking to treasury.

Gotta love how they furlough a • ton of dispatch and not the pilots who make oodles and oodles more.

There was never anything put out stating the money was recevied. The last that was stated was they were still talking to treasury.

Gotta love how they furlough a • ton of dispatch and not the pilots who make oodles and oodles more.

I'm just going by what my friend who works there told me. I haven't studied their press releases. I'm sure there will be pilot furloughs as well.

October is going to be an ugly month for this industry.

Unfortunately it sure is. I'm hoping for a miracle at my shop, that there are enough early retirements (assuming they still offer them) to hold off furloughs... but trying to save every penny just in case.

We might have 1 to 2 retirements where I’m at but the vast majority of the dispatchers are either A.) in their 30’s-50’s and thus in the prime cash hauling time of their career or B.) completely unprepared to retire at the moment for various reasons like too much debt, not enough saved away, and their 401k’s shrank too much recently to feel comfortable leaving. Early outs likely won’t save me but I hope they will for those of you who do have a fairly senior (in terms of age) dispatch group.

Early outs likely won’t save me but I hope they will for those of you who do have a fairly senior (in terms of age) dispatch group.

I think we've had about 10 people retire from where I work so far since the crisis began unfolding. Unfortunately there's over 400 on the seniority list, so...it will help some but it's unlikely there will be enough people retiring to prevent layoffs.

I'm just going by what my friend who works there told me. I haven't studied their press releases. I'm sure there will be pilot furloughs as well.

There's already a group on voluntary leave without pay, and a much larger group on voluntary leave with reduced pay. I don't know the numbers, they change from month to month. I'm not going to count every one but it looks like over 500 on the voluntary leave with reduced pay for May in the initial awards. I'm told more got it later by e-mailing crew support so I don't know the exact number.

I'm expecting a BIG ax to swing come October, or sooner if they don't get what they need out of the CARES money. The fact that we haven't heard anything in a while is concerning to me.

If that's true that they never announced receipt of the funds or acceptance of the agreement, something stinks

There's already a group on voluntary leave without pay, and a much larger group on voluntary leave with reduced pay. I don't know the numbers, they change from month to month. I'm not going to count every one but it looks like over 500 on the voluntary leave with reduced pay for May in the initial awards. I'm told more got it later by e-mailing crew support so I don't know the exact number.

I'm expecting a BIG ax to swing come October, or sooner if they don't get what they need out of the CARES money. The fact that we haven't heard anything in a while is concerning to me.

Dispatch couldn’t even get an MOU near the terms you guys got. Be glad the company gives a flying • about you guys.

I am sad to say I joined Club Furlough yesterday...I am hoping this passes quickly so I can get back to dispatching flights..
I have started to look elsewhere as to who's hiring etc.. We will see...

Bloody day at Republic today. 1/3 of their dispatchers got shown the door. Many over the phone.
Bloody month at the Republican party, too. They're soon to be shown the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back