Chicago PEPC

BoomerSooner77

Figured since those doing Memphis & NY PEPC started a thread, then we should get one too. ;)

Received this morning: Based on your response, we have reserved a place for you to attend the ATCS Pre-Employment Processing Center (PEPC) which will be held in Chicago, Illinois, August 11th – 15th.

Replied back for August 11th.

hey boomer, how long did it take for your PEPC confirmation to come in? I put down chicago last friday and have'nt got a confirm yet.

edit: scratch that....just saw your signature

got my confirmation for the chicago one as well. haven't chosen yet, have to work it out with the current job. will probably choose the 12th because its $20 cheaper to fly out on monday and return early wednesday than the sunday and tuesday gig.

I'm terminal so I'm on the 13th of August. I received my e-mail this afternoon and I had to change me address so I don't know if that increased the amount of time or what.

I am waiting for confirmation for Chicago, too. I sent the request in on Sunday, so I'm sure I should hear back soon...although this is the FAA we're talking about.

I'll be in Chicago, didn't matter to me which day, so I just chose the 12th, so I could have an extra day to explore the city (only been to Chicago once, for about 4 hours).

Haven't gotten the paperwork or the confirmation yet. I was surprised to hear back about my request for the Chicago PEPC so fast! Was less than a day.

I emailed back on Friday, and recieved my confrmation today. I was chosen for a terminal position, so I'll be there on the 13th.

got my confirmation for the chicago one as well. haven't chosen yet, have to work it out with the current job. will probably choose the 12th because its $20 cheaper to fly out on monday and return early wednesday than the sunday and tuesday gig.
You know, if you fly in early morning, and tell them you have to fly out later that night, they will try to get you out in time to catch your plane. I believe it is cheaper to fly in/out on the same day.

I will be there, signed up for the 11th, so we'll see which one I get. I'm up for enroute though, so it'll be the 11th and 12th. I'm going to make a semi-vacation out of it, and stay with some friends for the weekend. lol

I read that the NY PEPC is going to be held around LGA. Does anybody have info if ours will be around MDW or ORD? To stay near ORD is more expensive.

I read that the NY PEPC is going to be held around LGA. Does anybody have info if ours will be around MDW or ORD? To stay near ORD is more expensive.

That's what I am waiting on so I can book my hotel. Regardless I am flying AA so I can use my miles.

They hold the PEPC at the FAA Regional Offices in Des Plaines. This is right next to ORD.

You know, if you fly in early morning, and tell them you have to fly out later that night, they will try to get you out in time to catch your plane. I believe it is cheaper to fly in/out on the same day.

Yeah I thought about doing that, but it's a 2 hour drive home from the airport and I've never been to Chicago so I figured I would go out and explore the city, maybe try to hit up a baseball game or something. I'm sure that there is plenty of fun stuff to do there at night.

ORD?! Oh well, that's where I thought it would wind up. At least I can start planning some itineraries. Thanks for this info.

I'm sure I'm being silly here, but I'm starting to get a little nervous that I haven't recieved my confirmation for the Chicago PEPC. I responded on Sunday with my choice...should I be worried yet?

I'll bet as soon as I post this the email will hit my inbox....

I will be there hopefully the 13th, its what I put in for... no word back yet... just paper work to fill out and try to get my college transcripts which is like asking the FAA when they think we will all be heading to the academy:banghead:

I'm sure I'm being silly here, but I'm starting to get a little nervous that I haven't recieved my confirmation for the Chicago PEPC. I responded on Sunday with my choice...should I be worried yet?

I'll bet as soon as I post this the email will hit my inbox....
Do you by any chance have an @Comcast.net email address? I saw on ASAP that they were having problems sending emails to those addresses.

Why haven't we received our exact dates / times / location yet?! :panic:

JKoffler, I vote you get to the bottom of this and give us an update! ;)

Back