Chicago PEPC

Join the club :p lol... As to fastest PEPC time... I say no! They told me their fastest was like 3 hours 15 minutes or some such, and most average around 4 to 4 and a half hours. Though how they guy did it in 3 hours and 15 minutes is beyond me. I would assume if you already had a security clearance, and if you already had a class 2 medical you really could probably be out in under 2 hours. Hit your interview and MMPI and be out the door. lol

My friend finished in about 3 hours 15 minutes in Memphis. I was about to go to Graceland figuring he wouldn't be done yet and I got a call from him. He said that they didn't make him do the security stuff because he works for TSA with a clearance already and had no lapses in time worked there.

Also there is no way you can get out of the medical even if you already fly

Join the club :p lol... As to fastest PEPC time... I say no! They told me their fastest was like 3 hours 15 minutes or some such, and most average around 4 to 4 and a half hours. Though how they guy did it in 3 hours and 15 minutes is beyond me. I would assume if you already had a security clearance, and if you already had a class 2 medical you really could probably be out in under 2 hours. Hit your interview and MMPI and be out the door. lol

that was me!

tuesday, in at 9 out at 12:15 :nana2:

I have an optometrist's appointment this afternoon and a form for her to fill out.

ETA: Freezer - I did the machine, then the card, then a different machine with a different nurse... all the same.

Just got back from the optometrist... I have the results...

Ladies, if you please.... open the case.

Distance R 20/15 L 20/20
Near R 20/20 L 20/20

WOOOOTTT!!!!!
:nana2::nana2::nana2::rawk::rawk::rawk::bandit::bandit::bandit::rawk::rawk::rawk::nana2::nana2::nana2:

Distance R 20/15 L 20/20
Near R 20/20 L 20/20

WOOOOTTT!!!!!
:nana2::nana2::nana2::rawk::rawk::rawk::bandit::bandit::bandit::rawk::rawk::rawk::nana2::nana2::nana2:

Good to hear that your past or should I say good to "see" that you past...

Distance R 20/15 L 20/20
Near R 20/20 L 20/20

Any explanation for what happened on PEPC day and how you can rectify this with the FAA? Any indication from the doc your left eye will deteriorate below 20/20?

Any explanation for what happened on PEPC day and how you can rectify this with the FAA? Any indication from the doc your left eye will deteriorate below 20/20?

She seemed perpelexed how they came up with the 20/30. No abnormalities on any tests, perfect perefrial (sp?), better than normal right eye, normal left eye.

She looked 'inside' my eye, whatever that means and saw nothing.

She asked what tests they used and I told her, and she just kinda chuckled because it was some of the ones she did and said "Well, you're fine, don't know why they said that."... although I think she wanted to add "Thanks for the extra revenue though!"

As far as rectifying... they sent me home from the PEPC with a form 8500 something or other for the Optometrist to fill out and I faxed it right when I got home.

So, I am thinking the past few days of pain and suffering should be worth something... LOL... I kid, I kid.

I have a bitch of a time with the near field vision, my eye doc tested me 20/20 no problem, I got a script anyway but still it's a real problem, without glasses I'm 20/20 both eyes and 20/30 (?) one eye so it's right there, with the glasses it's just about the same. :mad:
I don't know what I can do to improve it, get a better doc I guess?

Hey everyone...I'm new to the forums, though I've been reading posts since I applied back in February. I also attended the Chicago PEPC on Wednesday and had a great time. All the staff were so friendly, and the interview was a lot less scary than I expected. Everything went very smoothly and I was out by 1pm. Very happy bout that. I'll be headed to MDW....whenever this FOL finally gets to me.

Just waiting patiently like everyone else.

Thanks. I was sooo happy about being placed there. I wanted Chicago, but I def didn't want any of the crazy high-level places like ORD or C90. MDW is nice and middle of the road, plus it's like 15 mins from my house...def plus.

I started yesterday at 11a and got out at about 3p. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Hated the interview; I felt like everyone else were having casual conversations, while I was being drilled.

I started yesterday at 11a and got out at about 3p. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Hated the interview; I felt like everyone else were having casual conversations, while I was being drilled.

why did you feel like you were getting drilled?.....:bandit:

why did you feel like you were getting drilled?.....:bandit:

Well, ok, I wouldn't say 'drilled,' but, it felt that some of my answers weren't good enough. His attitude about my answers really annoyed me as well. One example is this: The question about any situation where a problem existed, and how I dealt with it and the final outcome; I thought about it and gave an answer, then he stared and said, 'that is the best answer you can come up with?' I really wish I was assigned somebody else, especially after talking to other applicants during the day who had laid back interviewers. But oh well, I'm tentatively hired, so I'm happy.

Back