Chicago PEPC

enroute was for the first 2-3 days, terminal was thurs/friday if i recall correctly. but they "filled in" some of the slots that opened up with terminal guys... which is why i ended up going on tuesday :hiya:

so, short answer: they go tomorrow and friday :D

They're doing 3 days of enroute this time?!

Was anyone else surprised by the number of sex questions on the MMPI? I think I answered favorable to most if not all of them... in retrospect, I hope they don't think I am some sex freak, although I've been known to be. :nana2: This could be a contributing factor to my vision problem. :laff:

Was anyone else surprised by the number of sex questions on the MMPI? I think I answered favorable to most if not all of them... in retrospect, I hope they don't think I am some sex freak, although I've been known to be. :nana2: This could be a contributing factor to my vision problem. :laff:

quit shootin yourself in the eyes :buck:

NASTY! LOL

My husband was shocked by the sex questions too. The worst one for him was, "have you ever gotten in trouble for inappropriate sexual conduct?" His thought, "I was caught once and was in big trouble" so he put yes. I am hope they were meaning any trouble not just criminal problem.

GnW - DOUBLE NASTY!

NASTY! LOL

My husband was shocked by the sex questions too. The worst one for him was, "have you ever gotten in trouble for inappropriate sexual conduct?" His thought, "I was caught once and was in big trouble" so he put yes. I am hope they were meaning any trouble not just criminal problem.

GnW - DOUBLE NASTY!

Sooo... you need to do a PSA and let all the women folk know that the weeks leading up their husband's MMPI, they better sex their man every which way but loose. It'll help! orrrr, maybe it won't. ;)

My husband laughed sooo hard at your comment! You may even get him to come on here and post a response to it!

FYI, I'm TT's husband.

I was the guy that was rushed through yesterday. For some reason I was the first one done. In at 8:00, out at 1:00. I seriously thought there were some people that would have been out faster, but not according to them.

The MMPI questions were pretty funny at times. I had to stop myself from laughing out loud a time or two.

Not here... evidently i cant see well enough out of my left eye... damn snags! well ... we'll see... 20/30'.. thats correctable right?

Are they going to let you re-test once it is corrected?

They wanted additional test because of some things from old pilot medicals, so I'm not technically cleared yet. I have to get results from a blood test sent to them within 30 days.

It was kind of a bummer, but I'm pretty sure everything will still check-out okay.

Sorry for the double post.

I think I answered favorable to most if not all of them...

I'd generally agree. Come into the test feeling good and confident about yourself, and see yourself through that lens.
The tests asks how you see yourself, not how you believe others see you.
(i.e. I think I'm a caring & kind person, even though 'Aunt Betty' thinks I'm a mean little brat.)

Also look for questions that trap you into an unfavorable response. You probably should answer these honestly, even though the answer is unfavorable. For example, "have you ever lied?" Almost everyone has, so I would say yes.
The test can determine if you are trying to be a little 'angel' and always goody-good.

You should be honest and consistent (with a positive view of yourself)

Not here... evidently i cant see well enough out of my left eye... damn snags! well ... we'll see... 20/30'.. thats correctable right?

At Memphis I couldn't get the near vision with my right eye at 20/20. The contractor doing the test said they will probably have me retest. I went inside and an actual FAA nurse got to talk to me, gave me tips and all the time I needed but I couldn't get 3 of the 5 so she tested me with the card 16 inches away from my eye and I got 4 of 5. She said that sometimes people see better with the card. She put down 20/20 with card on my sheet and said that I'll want to get an eye exam done since we have to do that test every year. Did they let you re-test or use the card?

Are they going to let you re-test once it is corrected?

They wanted additional test because of some things from old pilot medicals, so I'm not technically cleared yet. I have to get results from a blood test sent to them within 30 days.

It was kind of a bummer, but I'm pretty sure everything will still check-out okay.

Sorry for the double post.

I have an optometrist's appointment this afternoon and a form for her to fill out.

ETA: Freezer - I did the machine, then the card, then a different machine with a different nurse... all the same.

So I can't believe how quickly I got rushed around. My HR guy told me I would have a lot of down time to fill out forms but the only downtime that I had was after I did the SF-86 on the computer and was waiting for it to print out and them look over it real quick. I was in at 9, out by 1:15 on the 12th. Had to have set a world record for quickest PEPC experience. I couldnt' believe it. I would have been done slightly before 1 if all the HR people weren't eating lunch. I was mad, wanted to make it downtown by 2 to hit up a Wrigley Field tour, didn't quite make it in time.

As far as the medical and MMPI I was surprised at how easy both were, although I'm sure I came off as a cynical • and a sex freak. Pretty good combo if you ask me. I guess the worst thing that will happen is that I have to talk to a shrink and explain why I like sex and to joke about it and think the world is going to the crapper. Oh well.

Join the club :p lol... As to fastest PEPC time... I say no! They told me their fastest was like 3 hours 15 minutes or some such, and most average around 4 to 4 and a half hours. Though how they guy did it in 3 hours and 15 minutes is beyond me. I would assume if you already had a security clearance, and if you already had a class 2 medical you really could probably be out in under 2 hours. Hit your interview and MMPI and be out the door. lol

well crap, I was all proud of myself for getting out of there so quick. 3 hours is unbelievable. I didn't have any blips or holdups, except for rolling up my left sleeve instead of my right for my BP. I felt like a pretty big idiot after that. Maybe I'm not cut out for this ATC thing, hahahaha.

Dang, I must have been slowwwwwwwww... but I was waiting at every stop (except EKG/Physical, went right in after hearing). Started @ 1245 ended around 1830.

I was also really surprised that there were 5 no shows. How do you just not show up?

Also really surprised that there were 5 no shows. How do you just not show up?

They say some people no-show at OKC. I'm wondering how that happens.

"ooops, missed the stopover ..."
sleeping-on-airplane.jpg

I was at Chicago PEPC yesterday it was terminal people. What they told us before we went in to our interviews was that we were going to be the first class of the fiscal year 2009. Which means no one will be put into classes before October. (Hope that helps some of you others who are waiting for academy dates for terminal.) I did get a TOL however have some medical stuff to get paperwork on from 5 years ago and 8 years ago. Don't really understand all that but whatever. Will be waiting around til mid september for any word so..........

They say some people no-show at OKC. I'm wondering how that happens.

It's fairly likely they weren't notified of their class dates. We send people to OKC fairly regularly, and more than once we have MMAC call to inquire where our people are.. only to find out the paperwork stopped somewhere in the notification train.

It's fairly likely they weren't notified of their class dates. We send people to OKC fairly regularly, and more than once we have MMAC call to inquire where our people are.. only to find out the paperwork stopped somewhere in the notification train.

As ridiculous as that sounds that doesn't suprise me at all. i don't know how people can't be on this forum and not be constantly informed. i would be highly irrate to say the least if i found out that my paperwork was lost

Back