Caribbean Pilots.

i am from the Virgin Islands. I was actually born in NYC but was raised down in St. Thomas. I got a very generous scholarship for college and now live in Florida. I am not flying for an airline now(not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing) but I am a contract pilot waiting impatiently for things to get better.

Do you remember where exactly? I am originally from Morne Fortune (The morne) there. Both parents are Dominican so after retiring in 2002, they decided it was time to move back to their home island. So I have been living in Dominica since then, and have yet to visit my home island. Just never had the chance to, especially after leaving for the US to go through flight school. I can only imagine how much has changed. :)
Very nice!!

I'm a born American, parents from St. Lucia (Soufriere. I spent two years living in Sans Souci), and I have very close ties (family, even!) in Trinidad.

Currently not airborne for a while, but I was flying with XJT. :)

Yeah it is but I guess that how it goes. You probably feel like how I felt when BWIA was dissolved or w/e you want to call it.:( If it can come back as strong as BWA came back as CAL though maybe it would be worth it.
The difference is BWIA wasn't sold. It was just shut down, and Caribbean Airlines was created in its place. I don't think selling JM to Spirit was a good idea.

Are you waiting in the Virgin Island or in Florida?

I am in Florida and desperately trying to build flight time the best way i can. Some friends of mine and I occassionally rent aircraft from people we know and fly around just to stay current and build time but that definitely adds up and subtracts from the wallet:( I tried to go home and fly around the Caribbean but believe it or not, there is just nothing there.

The difference is BWIA wasn't sold. It was just shut down, and Caribbean Airlines was created in its place. I don't think selling JM to Spirit was a good idea.

Yeah I know I mean in emotional terms. These are mainstays of Caribbean aviation and have been around before even I was...

I am in Florida and desperately trying to build flight time the best way i can. Some friends of mine and I occassionally rent aircraft from people we know and fly around just to stay current and build time but that definitely adds up and subtracts from the wallet:( I tried to go home and fly around the Caribbean but believe it or not, there is just nothing there.

Good luck. Yes, there isn't much down here. The region is saturated with pilots. More pilots than they have jobs.

I am from Puerto Rico.:bandit:

Welcome to the thread.:)

Back