Captain

Yes, indeed, can we not? I was having a bit of a joke at my own expense for misreading a post's date and not reading the whole thread before commenting.

Very much sucks, and I hate it for him.

That said, leave me the hell alone and let me cope with my own crap sandwich in peace.
I'd tell you to come here, but hiring is drying up for the time being. I do think, however, that this job is pretty fun. I thought it would be a stepping stone and I'd end up at one of the legacies as soon as they called. I find found myself pretty happy here, no telling what is to come from this. But the last 7 years have been pretty nice.

Also having beer with Captain Emu on overnights around the world (but mostly Miami) is pretty cool too

I'd tell you to come here, but hiring is drying up for the time being. I do think, however, that this job is pretty fun. I thought it would be a stepping stone and I'd end up at one of the legacies as soon as they called. I find found myself pretty happy here, no telling what is to come from this. But the last 7 years have been pretty nice.

Also having beer with Captain Emu on overnights around the world (but mostly Miami) is pretty cool too

See you the end of June? I’ve gotta come down for some sim abuse.

I love it. It's not for everybody, but it sure works for me.

So now I’m going to get downgraded as well because we are somehow at Schrödinger's staffing levels. Overstaffed and understaffed at the same time 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I’m still uneasy about the staffing but IMHO that email was more the “stick” side of trying silence any complaints about the new reserve system than anything

How the F did we go from “this is going to be the best reserve system ever!” to “you better come to work or we will start downgrading captains!”

🤷‍♂️

How the F did we go from “this is going to be the best reserve system ever!” to “you better come to work or we will start downgrading captains!”

🤷‍♂️

Because some people are sitting LC Convertible in Vegas, see their conversion to 1800L RAP, look at the reserve list and think, well there’s other people in the evening PM RAPs and I’ll probably be left alone, and stay home.

Because some people are sitting LC Convertible in Vegas, see their conversion to 1800L RAP, look at the reserve list and think, well there’s other people in the evening PM RAPs and I’ll probably be left alone, and stay home.
So we voted in this new wonderful system that no one wants to participate in?

Reserve doesn’t equal being on vacation. You have to be in position, you have to pick up the phone and you have to show up within the allotted time.

How is this a surprise?

As an FO I missed one call due to phone settings and I immediately emailed the BCP and begged for forgiveness before he called me. It never happened again. If this is such an issue why aren’t they using any disciplinary actions?

I’ve been a captain for just over a year now and this will be the 3rd threat of reduction. It’s getting old. Personally I think they have meant to downgrade 50-100 of us all along but they need to blame it on other pilots somehow. So we don’t get mad at Air Group, we get mad at each other.

Reserve doesn’t equal being on vacation. You have to be in position, you have to pick up the phone and you have to show up within the allotted time.

How is this a surprise?

As an FO I missed one call due to phone settings and I immediately emailed the BCP and begged for forgiveness before he called me. It never happened again. If this is such an issue why aren’t they using any disciplinary actions?

I’ve been a captain for just over a year now and this will be the 3rd threat of reduction. It’s getting old. Personally I think they have meant to downgrade 50-100 of us all along but they need to blame it on other pilots somehow. So we don’t get mad at Air Group, we get mad at each other.

If they want to do it, it would have to be now, effective as small a window as possible. Otherwise it doesn’t make financial sense the longer they drag it out.

And never underestimate pilots. We had a JC member who was supposed to be short call reserve in ORD but was JSing on a freighter from Florida to South America taking a mini vacation saying his chances of getting called were slim.

Unlimited conversions does kind of suck for commuters, but most of us would have been on SC anyway under the old rules so 🤷‍♂️ . Every L-AS captain I’ve flown with spent 6-7 years on reserve, 3-4 years per seat, under various older and less pilot friendly contracts.

If they want to do it, it would have to be now, effective as small a window as possible. Otherwise it doesn’t make financial sense the longer they drag it out.

And never underestimate pilots. We had a JC member who was supposed to be short call reserve in ORD but was JSing on a freighter from Florida to South America taking a mini vacation saying his chances of getting called were slim.
I’m still not convinced that mgmt isn’t just trying to get the pilots mad at each other but if you want to FAFO on reserve: there should be some discipline involved.

Plenty of people want to work here that know how to be on reserve

This is mind boggling to me. Theres no way I could even pretend to be calm knowing I’m on short call in a different city that I can’t get to in time.

I know a guy, pretty great pilot but definitely with a bit of a checked-out mindset. He lives extremely close to the airport, and he sits short call reserve (old contract reserve) at home while based in SFO. Said if he ever got the call, he'd be out of the house in 5 minutes and on a plane in 25 minutes and have 2 hrs to make it to SFO. I assume with the new contract reserve rules effective May 1, he does long call reserve).

I know a guy, pretty great pilot but definitely with a bit of a checked-out mindset. He lives extremely close to the airport, and he sits short call reserve (old contract reserve) at home while based in SFO. Said if he ever got the call, he'd be out of the house in 5 minutes and on a plane in 25 minutes and have 2 hrs to make it to SFO. I assume with the new contract reserve rules effective May 1, he does long call reserve).

Speaking with a BCP very recently that was specifically pointed out as not OK

Back