Cape Air is hiring again

I'm curious about this too.... sure, I'll go to guam for a little while. I would like to know how hard it is to get those spots. I would think that most people would not want to go out there, especially with a family, so maybe they are not hard to get.

From what I've heard, they hire low time FO's for Guam, and then bring them back to the 402 world once they have the time for their ATP.

Does anyone know if when you apply do you specify guam or 402 world, is that hiring process different and from a different pool of applicants. how does that work? I think they only have like 2 or 3 planes out there anyway but I would be interested.

My resume is in and I've spoken to them a few times, but can't get a solid answer as to how the process works.

It would make some sense, however, to put the low time guys on the ATR. Anyone want to move to Guam? LOL

I would def. take the opportunity to go back and live in Guam again... for me it just can't be beat!:nana2:

i know this thread is old. But cape air is running an ATR class right now. They will also continue to hire for the 402 both PIC and SIC for the remaining of the year

Anybody know what the deal is to become a captain in the C-402 even without ATP ?
I heard they ATP you but need a 1 yr contract?
Is that right?
I have 800hrs C-400 and 3500TT but no ATP.:confused:

i know this thread is old. But cape air is running an ATR class right now. They will also continue to hire for the 402 both PIC and SIC for the remaining of the year

Any idea on competitive times for the SIC positions? I know their website says 1000PIC but I believe its always said that even when they were hiring lower. Thanks in advance.

Any idea on competitive times for the SIC positions? I know their website says 1000PIC but I believe its always said that even when they were hiring lower. Thanks in advance.

I don't know what is considered competitive, but I just received notice a few days ago that 600TT is NOT competitive. :D

Hey Matt152

Just a quick question if you dont mind me asking... I too am thinking about sending my stuff into CapeAir and I have about 650 total with 200 multi and I was wondering what your multi time was and if they gave you a number that they were looking for in terms of TT and or multi? Thanks for the help and good luck in your search.

XCRunner

cape just hired and is in the process of training a ton of SIC's 650 and 200 multi is not enough time. There are pilots there with 15000 hrs looking for and taking jobs with the Cape, ATA pilots, Airtran, Ex jet, and just about any other airline going through a furlough. It is a very tough market right now and cape air can be VERY picky with who they take.

I submitted my resume on climbto350 a while ago and got an email asking me to fill out the application. Haven't heard anything since.

Their HR/recruiting department must be insanely busy. I have been trying to get on with them as a mechanic and have not been able to get a hold of their HR person in about 3 weeks. I had my app walked in by a friend/former co-worker who's up at Cape now.

Anybody know what the deal is to become a captain in the C-402 even without ATP ?
I heard they ATP you but need a 1 yr contract?
Is that right?
I have 800hrs C-400 and 3500TT but no ATP.:confused:

Yes that's right, it's either 6 months or a year, I can't remember what they told me. All ATP's charges around $2k I think for the ATP course, it might be worth your while to drop the $$ depending on your plans with Cape Air.

One thing I'm curious about is how they log time. How does the F/O log the time since the twin cessna doesn't require a second pilot? I'm thinking their 135 ops must specify that the 2nd pilot is required allowing him to log SIC, then I guess when you have a PIC quallified F/O he or she will trade legs with the CA.

Anyone have any insight?

Hey Matt152

Just a quick question if you dont mind me asking... I too am thinking about sending my stuff into CapeAir and I have about 650 total with 200 multi and I was wondering what your multi time was and if they gave you a number that they were looking for in terms of TT and or multi? Thanks for the help and good luck in your search.

XCRunner

From their email:

"Our Cessna 402 First Officer position requirements are 1000 hours total time with a commercial, multi-engine, instrument rating. We Prefer 25 hours multi-engine PIC flight time, along with 250 hours of cross-country time, 75 hours night, and 50 hours of instrument flight time. "

I have 136 ME.

Cape Air is a FAR 135 commuter operator, this means to captain one of their c-402's you have to have an ATP. They will help you with the ATP but you have to have the required flight experience. If you are close to the 1500 hours with lots of multi-engine time that will help. They use to not require a year contract if they got you an ATP, but they informed you if you quit within the first year they would give you a unfavorable recommendation to your next employer.

Back