Cape Air is hiring again

If you already have your ATP AMEL then you are expected to work for six months. I you do not then a fed DPE will ride in the back seat while you do your 135 PC ride and you will get your cert when you pass. In this case you are expected to work for one year. Let me stress: this is NOT a training contract. If you leave before your obligated time then you simply get a note in your file that says "not eligible for re-hire". The only money you may be held responsible for would be the bonus they offer for moving to the Caribbean.

As far as housing assistance goes I don't know of anything in the northeast outside of the extensive network of past and present Cape Air employees. In PR there is a real estate agent who works with us to find housing, but there is no financial assistance if that is what you mean.

Thanks for the info! What is the hiring situation now? Are they still interviewing before the holidays? And are new-hires going south right now.

Also, one of my co-workers is also interested, he has 135 mins., but is a bit short on ATP mins, could he work on the Freight/Cargo side until he meets ATP mins. and then transition to the Pax side? I told him to just apply anyway.

Gene is always interviewing, however the last I heard (as mentioned earlier) is that we are hiring into a pool for late Jan or early Feb. New hires are going south for the most part, though there may be openings in places like Rockland or Lebanon. I just don't know right now. Your friend may have a shot at the mail runs, though they usually put FO's in there once they get their 135 mins. But it never hurts to throw an app in.

Yeah, I left last summer. I miss it sometimes, then I hop into the LR60 and all those sentimental thoughts go away as I do 3500 fpm climb at 340kias through 15k on the way to FL410...;))

I came to Cape from a 121 jet and this type of flying is way more fun than the flying I did there. Then again, it was no Lear 60. :D

Word on the street is that the class for January is on. It looks like we're going to get a couple new lines in Maryland this spring and we've purchased several new airframes, so if you're in the pool good luck and if not then throw your resumes in quick.

Good news! This is probably premature to ask but would this imply that new hires would be shipped to MD or are any current pilots interested in those lines? Also, are those several new airframes solely for the MD routes? Thanks.

The FO pay for the ATR position in Guam continues to be a mystery.

ATR 1st YR FO pay is 23.13/hr+1 for int flying (+1 if you fly the night shift)@72 hrs/month. So it comes out to be between $24.13-25.13
Day shift is very long show 0920-1020 (8 legs)
Night shift show time 0130-0900, much more laid back (4 legs)
Good part is that their are no layovers, bad part no per diem
Awesome crews, very friendly environment here

if you have any more qs just PM

Good news! This is probably premature to ask but would this imply that new hires would be shipped to MD or are any current pilots interested in those lines? Also, are those several new airframes solely for the MD routes? Thanks.

Nope. New hires will go to whichever base they are awarded for the bid period. I know three people (including myself) who will likely bid MD though I don't know exactly how many pilots they expect to have based there. My guess is two in HGR and two in LRP, though it may be more.

Nope. New hires will go to whichever base they are awarded for the bid period. I know three people (including myself) who will likely bid MD though I don't know exactly how many pilots they expect to have based there. My guess is two in HGR and two in LRP, though it may be more.

Where is LRP?

What's the latest word at Cape? Are they still talking about a possible class next month? I got an email yesterday saying they got my resume and it will be put on file.

Sounds like there will definitely be a class in January. If you don't get a class date hold on, there is a good chance of another class in march.

Thanks melax, I'll be sure to check that out next time I get home to Maryland.:)

Sounds like there will definitely be a class in January. If you don't get a class date hold on, there is a good chance of another class in march.

Thanks melax, I'll be sure to check that out next time I get home to Maryland.:)

Thanks for the info milleR. Do they already have the January class filled?

any info on the LNS/BWI flying??? Already staffed for this flying? I'm a furloughed local yocal who would be all over this flying.

The January class is full, however there is talk of a PIC only class in February.

The bwi runs sound like a sure thing now, but Cape doesn't hire directly into bases.

Back