C-208 Down near Bethel, Alaska

Here's something we know for sure: You weren't there. Maybe you should take it easy for a little bit and take comfort in the fact that you have separated yourself from a company that you apparently didn't agree with and didn't much care for.

Yeah...true. Fair enough

Isn't the Garrett conversion 1000hp while the XP is still only 850hp? @Capt. Chaos

Texas Turbine is derated to 900hp for both A & B's. AeroTwin is 900hp on the A and 950hp on the B.

The TPE is significantly quieter in flight on every installation I've seen. The props spin a lot slower, especially on climb out.

On ours the PT6 is slightly quieter on the cabin noise. . Untill the cabin heat is turned on. Not even a wisper of bleed noise on the TPE.

Texas Turbine is derated to 900hp for both A & B's. AeroTwin is 900hp on the A and 950hp on the B.

On ours the PT6 is slightly quieter on the cabin noise. . Untill the cabin heat is turned on. Not even a wisper of bleed noise on the TPE.
Your bleed heat system is different. The TX bleed heat makes a pretty good whistling at max heat.

How did a thread about a fatal wreck become Mac vc PC?
Standard-issue wang-measuring contest (Garrett vs. Pratt, Mac vs. Linux, 9mm vs. .40 S&W, Airbus vs. Boeing, ...)

(Note the absence of Windows, above...like it's even a discussion. I use Windows to sign-in at work and to play games, and all other serious work is performed on serious operating systems. They dominate the enterprise, but that's about it.)

Standard-issue wang-measuring contest (Garrett vs. Pratt, Mac vs. Linux, 9mm vs. .40 S&W, Airbus vs. Boeing, ...)

(Note the absence of Windows, above...like it's even a discussion. I use Windows to sign-in at work and to play games, and all other serious work is performed on serious operating systems. They dominate the enterprise, but that's about it.)
I think we might also need a pratt vs ge vs rolls.

Back