C-208 Down near Bethel, Alaska

mikecweb

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/ast-ntsb-investigating-passenger-plane-crash-near-bethel/25388560

Alaska State Troopers are investigating the crash of a small commercial passenger plane near Bethel Tuesday night, according to the National Transportation Safety Board.

NTSB investigator Clint Johnson says it’s not clear when the Cessna 208 Caravan crashed, but responders are en route to the crash site.

“We have an airplane down 20 (miles) northeast of Bethel,” Johnson said. “There appears to have been a post-crash fire.”

Johnson didn’t have details available on the extent of any injuries or fatalities in the crash, but says investigator Chris Shaver is leaving for Bethel Tuesday and will hopefully reach the scene “first thing in the morning.”

Johnson deferred further queries to AST, who are leading the investigation from their Bethel post.

AST spokesperson Megan Peters confirms that an aircraft was reported overdue to troopers as of 6:10 p.m., with responders taking a helicopter to the crash site Tuesday night.

"Within the hour a local pilot reported to troopers that they had spotted a burning wreckage outside of Bethel," Peters wrote. "An Army (National) Guard Blackhawk with troopers and local fire personnel responded and found a wreckage. We are awaiting word on what has been discovered on scene."

Crap. This sucks. I am hoping for the best. I am curious to know what happened. The weather has been beautiful out here lately.

Since it was to the northeast that would make sense. I don't know if grant takes their caravans to tuluksac, akiak,kwethluk, or akiachak.

Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 10.21.05 PM.png

Rumor floating around is that it was H6 on a training flight in a van. I know the name of the pilot suspected but im not going to float it out here on the internet.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/ast-ntsb-investigating-passenger-plane-crash-near-bethel/25388560

Alaska State Troopers are investigating the crash of a small commercial passenger plane near Bethel Tuesday night, according to the National Transportation Safety Board.

NTSB investigator Clint Johnson says it’s not clear when the Cessna 208 Caravan crashed, but responders are en route to the crash site.

“We have an airplane down 20 (miles) northeast of Bethel,” Johnson said. “There appears to have been a post-crash fire.”

Johnson didn’t have details available on the extent of any injuries or fatalities in the crash, but says investigator Chris Shaver is leaving for Bethel Tuesday and will hopefully reach the scene “first thing in the morning.”

Johnson deferred further queries to AST, who are leading the investigation from their Bethel post.

AST spokesperson Megan Peters confirms that an aircraft was reported overdue to troopers as of 6:10 p.m., with responders taking a helicopter to the crash site Tuesday night.

"Within the hour a local pilot reported to troopers that they had spotted a burning wreckage outside of Bethel," Peters wrote. "An Army (National) Guard Blackhawk with troopers and local fire personnel responded and found a wreckage. We are awaiting word on what has been discovered on scene."

Mother •!

I did not know the crew . RIP to them. This makes accident #4 for us. This sucks. What are we doing wrong. Maybe we can fix this before anyone else gets hurt. Sorry for the rant.
#4 in less than 12 months at that. Perhaps you should have your VFR taken away in airplanes that are IFR capable, and airports with approaches. Not that it would fix the gear up, or probably this either, but it sends the message of quit doing stupid crap.

#4 in less than 12 months at that. Perhaps you should have your VFR taken away in airplanes that are IFR capable, and airports with approaches. Not that it would fix the gear up, or probably this either, but it sends the message of quit doing stupid crap.
It is almost to that point. Things are changing out here. Lot more IFR going on.

Back