Busting the Washington ADIZ????

oh, the funniest part about today was when the briefer was giving me my ADIZ squawk, and I asked if I could penetrate at route 50, she told me "well, once youre talking to appraoch and have the squawk, you can penetrate anyplace you like!"

HAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAA!

Ok I need to go to bed.

[ QUOTE ]
oh, the funniest part about today was when the briefer was giving me my ADIZ squawk, and I asked if I could penetrate at route 50, she told me "well, once youre talking to appraoch and have the squawk, you can penetrate anyplace you like!"

HAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAA!

Ok I need to go to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The smart ass in me would have had to bite my tongue so hard that I might have bled to death!

Was she trying to get some attention there??
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

HAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAA!

Ok I need to go to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flip side of that is 'no means no!'. If you didn't file a flight plan you ain't penetrating nowhere! I have heard several pilots on their way into the ADIZ who were not prepared and were denied!

NO MEANS NO!
wink.gif

Back