BRS equipped Cessna 152?

Put ATN on a job that requires flying over the mountains at night in a single engine airplane. Add a little turbulence, weather and a starless night. Add a misfire or so, and then ask him if he wants a chute. My bet is he will say "Im not going to do it in a single engine airplane", he wants a 2nd engine for the job!

But the point is, there are thousands of single engine airplanes flying around every night! (Just because you feel uncomfortable doing single engine at night does not take away the fact that its still legal to fly a single engine piston at night, so people are going to do it regardless if they have a chute or not!

I have close to 2,000 hours at night with most of it being in a single engine airplane in mountainous country. The chute is another safety option that only will be appreciated when you find yourself in the scenario that I described above. Lets give up on the idea that it is a crutch! Maybe ATN can petition to make it illegal to fly at night in a single engine airplane, but until then, let them have their chutes in peace!

Put ATN on a job that requires flying over the mountains at night in a single engine airplane. Add a little turbulence, weather and a starless night. Add a misfire or so, and then ask him if he wants a chute. My bet is he will say "Im not going to do it in a single engine airplane", he wants a 2nd engine for the job!

Now you know why I bought a cabin class twin. :) Flying my little Mooney over the mountains on the way to Vegas, starting to pick up ice, I said "screw this!"

But the point is, there are thousands of single engine airplanes flying around every night! (Just because you feel uncomfortable doing single engine at night does not take away the fact that its still legal to fly a single engine piston at night, so people are going to do it regardless if they have a chute or not!

Lots of things are legal that aren't smart, and arguably shouldn't be legal.

Godless Killing Machines.
That's why I've always wondered what the big hubbub was about saving those stupid polar bears! They aren't sitting around drinking cokes, they're dreaming about the next creature they're going to shred to pieces.

Back