Boeing Dispatcher

Yes, but is this position for the wholly owned subsidiary of Boeing that does part 91 support?

Not much about Boeing's dispatch seems to be known on the outside. The only thing I know is that their corporate flight department is based in GYY, and that's where the schedulers/dispatchers work as well.

I would love to know more about this position if anyone has any insight.

I can share what happens behind the curtain. Will also say there will likely be future postings this year as we have a lot of potential growth in the sales pipeline at the moment. First this is a remote position with the only real requirement to be within 2hrs of a Boeing Facility and if with the military side has to be in the United States. Also for the military side you must be a US Citizen. Now the work we refer to them as desks, but can think of them as departments. First desk handles all the Air Force. Second desk is the military desk this has all branches of the US Military, and several Foreign Military/Goverments. Third desk assists Boeings Executive Fleet, a couple foreign airlines, and a cargo airline. I work on the military desk and our work load is mostly building future missions and then submitting for clearances if international. Then on the day we send flight paperwork similar to what you would do in the airlines. I will say you will likely learn more in this job than you would the airlines as we deal with ETOPs, Middle East Pref Routing, and my favorite CMFU validation for example. We deal with flights around the globe.

Last edited:
I can share what happens behind the curtain. Will also say there will likely be future postings this year as we have a lot of potential growth in the sales pipeline at the moment. First this is a remote position with the only real requirement to be within 2hrs of a Boeing Facility and if with the military side has to be in the United States. Also for the military side you must be a US Citizen. Now the work we refer to them as desks, but can think of them as departments. First desk handles all of the Air Force Special Air Missions, United used to have this contract and these are the blue n white 737 and 757s. Second desk is the military desk this has all branches of the US Military, and several Foreign Military/Goverments. Third desk assists Boeings Executive Fleet, a couple foreign airlines, and a cargo airline. I work on the military desk and our work load is mostly building future missions and then submitting for clearances if international. Then on the day we send flight paperwork similar to what you would do in the airlines. I will say you will likely learn more in this job than you would the airlines as we deal with ETOPs, Middle East Pref Routing, and my favorite CMFU validation for example. We deal with flights around the globe.
Thank you for this sounds like a cool operation. What’s the pay like though?

Thank you for this sounds like a cool operation. What’s the pay like though?
That is and likely may always be a sticking point, lol. If you are coming from a regional likely pay bump, if from a major likely pay decrease. We don't have a pay scale or flight benefits. Your initial pay is part of your offer letter and is determined based on experience and educational background. We do have shift differential pay for afternoons, and one for overnights along with if you work a weekend. Schedule is primarily a 4 on 3 off schedule though I believe the Commercial does something different. Boeing benefits are pretty nice that and the remote part of the work is what entices most people.

Do you know anyone who uses the remote option to travel? Ie remote from home, travel days of to family/hotel somewhere, then work there for a week, travel home?

Do you know anyone who uses the remote option to travel? Ie remote from home, travel days of to family/hotel somewhere, then work there for a week, travel home?
Only has happened a few times I think, but doable. You'll need at least three monitors so traveling with that could be a challenge unless you have a second setup at your family's. Also we are required to access work with a connected high speed connection, and they tell you to not utilize wifi.

I can share what happens behind the curtain. Will also say there will likely be future postings this year as we have a lot of potential growth in the sales pipeline at the moment. First this is a remote position with the only real requirement to be within 2hrs of a Boeing Facility and if with the military side has to be in the United States. Also for the military side you must be a US Citizen. Now the work we refer to them as desks, but can think of them as departments. First desk handles all of the Air Force Special Air Missions, United used to have this contract and these are the blue n white 737 and 757s. Second desk is the military desk this has all branches of the US Military, and several Foreign Military/Goverments. Third desk assists Boeings Executive Fleet, a couple foreign airlines, and a cargo airline. I work on the military desk and our work load is mostly building future missions and then submitting for clearances if international. Then on the day we send flight paperwork similar to what you would do in the airlines. I will say you will likely learn more in this job than you would the airlines as we deal with ETOPs, Middle East Pref Routing, and my favorite CMFU validation for example. We deal with flights around the globe.
That is and likely may always be a sticking point, lol. If you are coming from a regional likely pay bump, if from a major likely pay decrease. We don't have a pay scale or flight benefits. Your initial pay is part of your offer letter and is determined based on experience and educational background. We do have shift differential pay for afternoons, and one for overnights along with if you work a weekend. Schedule is primarily a 4 on 3 off schedule though I believe the Commercial does something different. Boeing benefits are pretty nice that and the remote part of the work is what entices most people.
Wonderful info. Thank you! I applied a couple days ago. Any idea how they do interviews? Any exam or technical questions?

Wonderful info. Thank you! I applied a couple days ago. Any idea how they do interviews? Any exam or technical questions?
You are welcome, not sure how we are doing the interview this round but typically there is a practical exam with basic dispatch questions, read a TAF etc then a interview with our dispatch management.

You are welcome, not sure how we are doing the interview this round but typically there is a practical exam with basic dispatch questions, read a TAF etc then a interview with our dispatch management.
And I assume the interview with management is just your average HR questions?

Back