Skywest opening…

Would it make sense to move from a current regional to SkyWest? Will it look bad on a resume when applying to a major?
if it makes sense for you, go for it. airlines will not care that you made a lateral move, there are plenty of good reasons for it

Anyone that makes it to the technical interview: make sure you’re keen on being able to derive alternate mins and exemption 17347. I specifically remember them having a chubby for that in my interview. Also know that the superior soda chain is Swig.

When I lived there we had a three bedroom apartment that was split between me and 2 other employees (another dispatcher and an FO) that was about $2100 a month. One bedroom units for some reason seem to be more expensive. Like a one bedroom apartment would be 1600 but then a two bedroom would be 1800. So it just makes sense to get a roommate. Now that I’m at my next shop I get to spend 2100 for a one bedroom by myself 🥲.

Definitely one the best regionals to get your feet wet in, great training, staff, and not to mention, majors seem to look favorably on skywest applicants

Make friends there, plenty of people get onto the majors so all it takes is a good word of mouth to set yourself apart.

I can say I miss almost everything about SkyWest except what they paid me. Training was solid, management was good, no junior manning (you can say no if they call and ask you to work), SGU is a fairly safe city to have a family in, good culture. I highly recommend them if you're just getting into dispatch.

Best of luck to all that apply!
I can't disagree more. I love the company and actually using knowledge I learned from school at the office!

I applied early Thursday morning but I haven't received the assessment yet. Did it take anyone else a while to receive it? I checked my spam folder and there's nothing, my application status still just says "Application Received"

I applied early Thursday morning but I haven't received the assessment yet. Did it take anyone else a while to receive it? I checked my spam folder and there's nothing, my application status still just says "Application Received"
Took me 3 days, although I do not know whether everyone is guaranteed to get an invite to take it or not.

Back