Blue Origin astronaut Glen de Vries dies in plane crash

Anyone else looked at KC-135 vertical stabilizer in flight through sextant port? That’s pretty scary too.

Having an interest in test pilotry I feel looking at the tail while stalling will become normal business...

Alex.

I would definitely advise not looking at the tail when you stall it, though. Thing looks like it's waving at you. As in "bye-bye".
This is basically every aircraft I've ever flown, outside of the T-38, which didn't have any wings to stall to send disrupted airflow to the vert stab anyway.

The B-24 horizontal, with the verticals attached to the ends, apparently is quite amusing to watch during the stall series. Fortunately you can't see it from the cockpit.

This is basically every aircraft I've ever flown, outside of the T-38, which didn't have any wings to stall to send disrupted airflow to the vert stab anyway.

The B-24 horizontal, with the verticals attached to the ends, apparently is quite amusing to watch during the stall series. Fortunately you can't see it from the cockpit.
Even a relatively boring Navajo has a shocking amount of tail flex during a power on stall.

Back