Castle Air Fatal 12/10/2021

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Date:10-DEC-2021
Time:23:30
Type:
Silhouette image of generic SW4 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Swearingen SA-226AT Merlin IV
Owner/operator:Castle Aviation
MSN:AT-034
Fatalities:Fatalities: 1 / Occupants: 1
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:Approach
Nature:Unknown
Departure airport:Caldwell Wright Airport, NJ (CDW/KCDW)
Destination airport:Manchester Municipal Airport, NH (MHT/KMHT)
Narrative:
The pilot of a Metroliner reported an engine failure shortly before landing and the aircraft crashed near a river in front of the runway, causing a fire.

Sources:

One person dead after turboprop plane crashes along banks of Merrimack River in Bedford

Castle Aviation - Wikipedia
https://www.castleair.com

43557641-D644-4C80-B4F9-A26E1E6495B4.jpeg

Metro shouldn't have a problem landing with 1 engine; DA is almost (-) SL. Fuel exhaustion ? Heavy + Inop engine not feathering ? Sad to see a fatal.

Last edited:
I talked with some Castle higher ups in the past and I recall "poopy pilot" being an excuse for a previous crash they have had in a C208. You know, because that doesn't reflect on their training or standards at all :rolleyes:

If I ever learned anything about small cargo, never trust a company with management that has spiffy mustaches or silly bow ties.

I talked with some Castle higher ups in the past and I recall "poopy pilot" being an excuse for a previous crash they have had in a C208. You know, because that doesn't reflect on their training or standards at all :rolleyes:

If I ever learned anything about small cargo, never trust a company with management that has spiffy mustaches or silly bow ties.
Was that the one where they didn’t deice a caravan and killed a jumpseating starchecker?

Back