Big announcement at cjc!!

Well, I just got back from ALPA HQ. What a great day! That's correct, we're ALPA!

It's been a long day (and long couple weeks) so far. Several management people were present for the vote tally. They didn't have much to say when the results were posted. There was no cheering or rubbing anything in their face. We've conducted a very professional drive and we're very gracious winners.

The #'s Sherpa put up are correct. 70% in favor of representation....64% ALPA, 5% IBT. No other write-ins were tallied.

Now the real work begins!

But, for now, let the partying begin.....we're all (Colgan OC members in attendance/ ALPA officials) heading out to dinner to celebrate.

:nana2::nana2::nana2:

Well, I just got back from ALPA HQ. What a great day! That's correct, we're ALPA!

It's been a long day (and long couple weeks) so far. Several management people were present for the vote tally. They didn't have much to say when the results were posted. There was no cheering or rubbing anything in their face. We've conducted a very professional drive and we're very gracious winners.

The #'s Sherpa put up are correct. 70% in favor of representation....64% ALPA, 5% IBT. No other write-ins were tallied.

Now the real work begins!

But, for now, let the partying begin.....we're all (Colgan OC members in attendance/ ALPA officials) heading out to dinner to celebrate.

:nana2::nana2::nana2:

Im guessing our CP and DB were there?

Im guessing our CP and DB were there?

Actually, negative on both accounts. The Colgan representatives were B.C., H.M., and M.F......and the company's attorney. They were mostly gracious in defeat. That being said, they all left the NMB with their tail between their legs.

As I said on the other thread....A GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS to my Colgan pilot brothers (and sisters). I'm not surprised it passed with all the hard work, dedication and tireless efforts of Mark, Matt, Vince and others who gave of their time to speak to and educate their co-workers on the benefits of ALPA. :nana2: :rawk: :bandit:
My fellow JC'ers would have been proud to have seen them in action (like I did) this past year to ensure a different result from last year's election. BTW, they always did it with class and humility and were never preachy. I was happy to assist in a little way, by telling pilots I didn't know very well (and where they stood on unions/ALPA), the benefits of representation.

I was in IAH yesterday at a FA union meeting when the vote came in and was thrilled to tell them the great news. If there's an opportunity for FA union and pilot union reps to work together on issues--you know you can count me in! :)

Back