Big announcement at cjc!!

:yeahthat:

I've flown with a few Captains on the Q who have flown both the Saab and the Beech. I've never heard any of them say the Saab was superior, they all basically say what Seggy said above.

Yo man.....quit raining on my parade! :panic: :laff:

Nobody is raining on anyones parade Cruise. We speak the truth, but you are spreading lies.

Can the other Beech guys chime in here please?

Thanks, Josh!

You know what they say about small planes? The 'pilots' have to compensate with the size of their egos. :laff:

Most Q Fo's can pick out a CA's previous airplane by the quality of their landings... I'm guessing Saab pilots can't land.

Coming out of BOS, we were always stuck behind Saabs limited to 180kts... wth? The Beach had no such thing... We also always had to step climb so that we wouldn't run into you Saab guys.

One day, while climbing out unpressurized, we were holding like 800fpm... ATC asked if we had switched the RKD airplane to a Saab finally, "No, why" we replied... their answer? "Normally only the Saab's climb so slow - don't those Beach's normally hold close to 3000fpm?

Passengers know the Beach is better, ATC knows the Beach is better, Management and Dispatch know the Beach is better. Seems the only people who don't know the beach is better, is the Saab pilots

Most Q Fo's can pick out a CA's previous airplane by the quality of their landings... I'm guessing Saab pilots can't land.

Coming out of BOS, we were always stuck behind Saabs limited to 180kts... wth? The Beach had no such thing... We also always had to step climb so that we wouldn't run into you Saab guys.

One day, while climbing out unpressurized, we were holding like 800fpm... ATC asked if we had switched the RKD airplane to a Saab finally, "No, why" we replied... their answer? "Normally only the Saab's climb so slow - don't those Beach's normally hold close to 3000fpm?

Passengers know the Beach is better, ATC knows the Beach is better, Management and Dispatch know the Beach is better. Seems the only people who don't know the beach is better, is the Saab pilots

Thats sad. You would think after all those hours sitting in front of the placard in the airplane, you'd easily remember how they spell "Beechcraft". :laff:

I'm just busting your stones. :D From one former Beech driver to another. :p

bahaha - watching this little turf war is entertaining.

Keep it going all of 2009 okay? I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands.

Thats sad. You would think after all those hours sitting in front of the placard in the airplane, you'd easily remember how they spell "Beechcraft". :laff:

I'm just busting your stones. :D From one former Beech driver to another. :p

Just switched to google chrome... and spell check is a little funny still. that or I am enjoying sitting on the beach in the key's right now :)

Oooh, I love the BEACH.....all the women, scantily clad in their bikinis, the waves, the sun, the fun. Good stuff.

Now, I'm confused.....I thought we had been talking about the BEECH? :cwm27::cwm27:

I remember that day! That was awesome. From everything I hear, the Beech climbed better, but we were about the same in cruise (in terms of performance, the Beech was still superior no matter what phase of flight you were in :nana2:). The other thing I've noticed; other Q pilots can tell who is a former Beech guy based on our use (or lack there of) of the autopilot, particularly through the climb and arrival/approach.

Wow this turned into a Saab vs. Beech thread. I would prefer either one than the Q. I was given my choice of the three last year when hired, and I chose the Saab, being from Texas. 2 days later I get a call telling me to pack for Toronto for Q training :banghead:

I can't wait for the results. Last week I was stranded in BWI for 3 straight days due to weather cancellations, and I was told by crew scheduling that I could "deadhead" on the amtrak train back to EWR. I did this, and I just got an email telling me that my refund for the ticket was denied. You've got to be kidding me.

The other thing I've noticed; other Q pilots can tell who is a former Beech guy based on our use (or lack there of) of the autopilot, particularly through the climb and arrival/approach.

Flew with a transition Captain from the Beech to the Saab. We hit moderate turbulence, which the autopilot has no trouble with. The Captain Im sure was pretty used to flying by hand, and clicked off the autopilot and hand flew. Which was cool, besides the fact that we were +/- 200 feet.

Autopilot in the Saab is pretty good for its age and simplicity. However as soon as we are cleared for any type of visual Ill normally kill the autopilot, I feel like I need the practice of hand flying. I hate when guys will try to keep the autopilot on approach mode during a visual and completely blow through the localizer. Approach had to verify we were lining up for 1C instead of 1L the other day. Good thing there weren't any other aircraft parallel to us. But hey, Im a lowly FO, what do I know?

I can't wait for the results. Last week I was stranded in BWI for 3 straight days due to weather cancellations, and I was told by crew scheduling that I could "deadhead" on the amtrak train back to EWR. I did this, and I just got an email telling me that my refund for the ticket was denied. You've got to be kidding me.

First, why did you pay out of your pocket for a ticket? NEVER EVER DO THAT. Surprised your Captain agreed to it. Have them pull the tapes from the date and time you called to review. Tell them you want it out of the schedulers pocket then.

First, why did you pay out of your pocket for a ticket? NEVER EVER DO THAT. Surprised your Captain agreed to it. Have them pull the tapes from the date and time you called to review. Tell them you want it out of the schedulers pocket then.

He jumpseated home. Why did I do it? I was headed back to see a girl..... I had 40 minutes to get from the hotel when I found out to the train station, and I hadn't showered or gotten ready yet.

Girls make me do stupid things.

Ok...attempt to get this back on track.

Any early "exit polls" on the union vote? I'm assuming it'll probably pass by a wide margin..??

I don't have any 'official' polling information. But what I can say is that votes continue to be placed. I've talked to several people who have voted w/in the past day or so. Also, some who are planning on voting tonight/ tomorrow AM.

Hopefully, we can still grab some of the 'fence-sitters' today/ tomorrow!

Ok...attempt to get this back on track.

Any early "exit polls" on the union vote? I'm assuming it'll probably pass by a wide margin..??

That was the assumption last year, and look what happened. IMO, "exit polls" might be a bad thing. If everyone assumes it's gonna pass, it might wind up failing by 4 votes again.

back off track..

Im always in awe and amazement when my captain handflys a simple departure and then all the way up to cruise. The icing on the cake is handflying from the 30 degree intercept on the approach.

Regular Bob Hoovers we have at CJC.

The Slaab flies like a big yellow school bus, but it DOES have a cupholder...Had a few surprised looks doing raw data approaches...Heck, we didn't even do those in the sim!

Back