Best/Worst Plane movies

I read the book Flight of the Intruder several times before the movie came out. The flying scenes are good, but they butchered the story line. I can't stand the movie and have to put it on my all-time worst list because of the transition from paper to film.

Best:
Tora! Tora! Tora! (Best warbird footage of all time)
Midway
Battle of Britain
Catch 22
16 Right
The Bridges at Toko-Ri
Dr. Strangelove
Flying Tigers

Worst:
Flight of the Intruder
Firebirds (Top Gun for Helos)
Stealth

You're an old Navy guy - is it a requirment that all Navy pilots participate in homoerotic beach volleyball tournaments or is that just for the fighter guys?
Fighter guys only. But now they are Fighter-attack guys... F.A.Gs

Ha! My first post.

Anyway, I don't think this one has been mentioned but one of the worst I've seen is:

"The Night Flyer"

It's a Steven King movie about a vampire who flies around in a black 337 Skymaster & kills people at the small remote airports where he lands.

Anyway, I don't think this one has been mentioned but one of the worst I've seen is:

"The Night Flyer"

It's a Steven King movie about a vampire who flies around in a black 337 Skymaster & kills people at the small remote airports where he lands.

Damn! I forgot about that one. It did suck. Although, I did get to see them film the scenes in the ILM terminal.

3 Worst

1. Air force one
2. Executive Decision
3. Stealth/QUOTE]

Oh come on how can you not like Air Force One, it is a classic. Plus, I've always wanted to say that famous harrison ford "get off my plane" line!

Although not a "plane" movie, watching Magnum Force on TV now. After leaving the crime scene Clint decides to head to the airport for a burger but while he's eating it just so happens that a plane is hijacked, of course we know what's going to happen next. Dirty Harry boards the plane as the pilot and takes over in the left seat and starts to takeoff.

Pilot: Excuse me, Captain. This may seem silly but can you fly?
Harry Callahan: Nope. Never had a lesson.

Then he slams on the brakes and takes out the hijackers, classic lol.

Although not a "plane" movie, watching Magnum Force on TV now. After leaving the crime scene Clint decides to head to the airport for a burger but while he's eating it just so happens that a plane is hijacked, of course we know what's going to happen next. Dirty Harry boards the plane as the pilot and takes over in the left seat and starts to takeoff.

Pilot: Excuse me, Captain. This may seem silly but can you fly?
Harry Callahan: Nope. Never had a lesson.

Then he slams on the breaks and takes out the hijackers, classic lol.

I love that scene..........classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about SWAT? Just can't beat landing a Lear on a bridge...

How about SWAT? Just can't beat landing a Lear on a bridge.../QUOTE]

Great scene from an awesome movie! I guess you could also consider Con Air than, landing in the middle of vegas.....not something you see every day.:nana2:

Top gun is great if only for all the one liners. The look of confusion on a students face when you tell them "your ego's writing checks your body cant cash" or "thats a hell of a big risk to take with a 30 million dollar airplane" is priceless.
How about, "I want some butts!"
Caution: Use of this phrase in a mens room/locker room setting is not recommended.:laff:

First: The Right Stuff: "...they were called test pilots, and no one knew their names"

Last: Top Gun: "...I WANT SOME BUTTS", "...you can be my wingman ANYTIME *wink*" "No, you can be MINE".

Top Gun is queer as a football bat, and if you mention, quote (playfully or not), or reference it in any way, you are a tool, and probably an 18 year old Riddle-Ace gear slinger on a barbie jet in the bargain. You have been warned.

First: The Right Stuff: "...they were called test pilots, and no one knew their names"

Last: Top Gun: "...I WANT SOME BUTTS", "...you can be my wingman ANYTIME *wink*" "No, you can be MINE".

Top Gun is queer as a football bat, and if you mention, quote (playfully or not), or reference it in any way, you are a tool, and probably an 18 year old Riddle-Ace gear slinger on a barbie jet in the bargain. You have been warned.

Interesting analogy.........

You've lost that lovin feelin

boris i seriously just laughed til my eyes were full of tears. you win an internet.

dr_strangelove-763806.jpg

Gay Top Gun.................warning, explicit content.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xHklGtW3rwU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Back