Best Airline to Fly For?

I know it's kind of late, but I thought I'd throw my opinion in on my own topic. I would say that Alaska Airlines would be the best airline to fly for. One, they didn't furlough 1 pilot post 9/11. Second, their service is great, so they have good coustumer relationships. Three, they are West coast airline, so good bases
grin.gif
. Lastly, their pay isn't to bad either.
grin.gif

But, as you all said it would be the one that hires me, but I can always have my preference.

Service is great? Alaska?

Their service is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! "Great" is such an understatement!

Kristie and I flew them from ANC to SEA and almost a year later we're still raving about our experience.

One of our new friends is an Alaska Airlines flight attendant and once we learned this, I swore I almost asked for an autograph
smile.gif

Hey Zach
I live in a small town with only a domestic Airport so I have no idea if there are any American Instructors over here. I am yet to meet anyone.

However in the major centres eg Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington I am sure there will be a few.

You are right New Zealand is a beautiful country. However landing a job with Air New Zealand would be very difficult. I know pilots that have been imployed at there regional airline with around 2000-3000 hours. So I would say it would be another 5 or 6 years before you can upgrade to Air New Zealand.

However I am not saying this is impossible I'm sure it can be done.

If you have any further questions about New Zealand or flying in New Zealand PM me I would be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers Ryan

[ QUOTE ]
Service is great? Alaska?

Their service is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! "Great" is such an understatement!

Kristie and I flew them from ANC to SEA and almost a year later we're still raving about our experience.

One of our new friends is an Alaska Airlines flight attendant and once we learned this, I swore I almost asked for an autograph
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought that Horizon (being associated with Alaska) had some of the greatest service, and would definately fly on Alaska/Horizon over other alternatives (even at cost, to a point).

Obviously, whoever hires me would be best, but that's becoming a platitude, should go without saying. If I had my druthers, (I love that word for some reason)

Emirates or Cathay Pacific for best routes, service and equipment, but not for compensation (no real unions)

The Airlines in the Antipodes like Qantas and Air NZ would be dream airlines to fly for, but not being from there that's merely a pipe dream.

In the US, best regionals would have to be SkyWest, Air Wis or ASA.

Best majors: I think I'd go for United for the equipment, hubs and routes and Continental and Alaska a close second. American has always had lackluster service, at least that's been my experience and their rating on skytrax has also suffered as a result.

[ QUOTE ]

Best majors: I think I'd go for United for the equipment, hubs and routes and Continental and Alaska a close second. American has always had lackluster service, at least that's been my experience and their rating on skytrax has also suffered as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not knocking UAL or anything here but they seem to lack the big Mexican/Carribean tourist destinations. I love to fly United and usually do so this is a real bummer whenever I vacation down their. Does anyone know why this may be?

Back