Best Airline to Fly For?

Air Jamacia
A340x4
A320x8
Dash-8x5
Beautiful country, Beautiful women and cool airplanes.

Best regional without a doubt IMHO is Comair hands down.

Highest paid in industry,best equipment CRJ 50 and CRJ-700 now if only they'd get a series 900.

But most importantly there owned by Delta.

Secondly ASA I have much respect for them. Then Skywest.

Lastly Freedom Airlines mainly cause they fly the larger CRJ's series of aircraft.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
...now if only they'd get a series 900.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh NO.

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly Freedom Airlines mainly cause they fly the larger CRJ's series of aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Freedom Airlines is no more. They were eating up by Mesa Airlines after the contract signing in 2003. Freedom Airlines was created as a "union-busting" airline of sorts, to get the Mesa Airlines pilots to back down during negotiations. Be careful who you wish to work for.

Sometimes those companies that "appear" to be good on the surface have many underlying issues that make them a less desireable place to work. American Eagle was mentioned... they are currently still working under a lacking 16-year contract which has 10 years left before renegotiation. Morale is very low at that company, regardless of the equipment they have and the route structure. They are treated as the "red-haired step child" of AMR. Upgrade times in the ERJ are 8-10 years.

Do plenty of research on all the regionals (or whatever career track you are so inclined) before picking a "goal company." You'll want to be plenty informed of a possible employer before signing on with them.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...now if only they'd get a series 900.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh NO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know but there nice aircraft...and I can dream right...lol.

Thanks Flychicaga didn't know nothing bout Freedom and there politics.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
Do plenty of research on all the regionals (or whatever career track you are so inclined) before picking a "goal company." You'll want to be plenty informed of a possible employer before signing on with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll make sure I do that when I go to get a job with an airline. Just always remember, it's similar to buying a car. Make sure you look at everything is good on the car. You never want to buy a flooded car or basically a dud. You don't want to get yourself into a mess down the road.

Is your husband an America West pilot?

If he is, tell him I said thank you for allowing me to get back and forth to work/home. America West has the friendliest people when it comes to commuting piots.

Rock on!

[ QUOTE ]

If he is, tell him I said thank you for allowing me to get back and forth to work/home. America West has the friendliest people when it comes to commuting piots.

Rock on!

[/ QUOTE ]

And a big thank you from my husband, too. When he flew canyon tours for Scenic in Vegas, AWA let him jumpseat home to ORD all the time! It was the only way for him to commute, and he always says how good the AWA people were to him.

I'll triple that...

America West was the first big airline to have unlimited jumpseats and they seem to try hard to sit you in first class.

America West is my home state airline and there definately a good airline. Anyone know if they are considered a major airline or a LCC?

Matthew

My dream Airline to fly for would have to be Air New Zealand. Because they are a quality Airline and I feel they will be around a long time because they have the NZ government to help them out if they get in financial trouble again. Also they are my countries flag carrier so I would love to be apart of that.

My dream regional job would be to fly with a small Airline in New Zealand called Sunair. I would love to fly one of there Senecas between Gisbourne and Napier. Although this may not be most people cup of tea. It would be an awesome job with the beautiful scenery.

Cheers Ryan

[ QUOTE ]
America West is my home state airline and there definately a good airline. Anyone know if they are considered a major airline or a LCC?

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

A LCC could very well be a major carrier, as well. Southwest is a major carrier (defined by annual revenue), but is a LCC as well.

AWA is a major airline. They're proud of saying they're the only airline formed post-deregulation to achieve "major" status. Remember that major is a financial designation; all an airline needs to do to reach that is have $1 billion or more in annual revenue. There are some "regional" airlines that are knocking on that door, actually. I would also consider them an LCC.

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
My dream Airline to fly for would have to be Air New Zealand. Because they are a quality Airline and I feel they will be around a long time because they have the NZ government to help them out if they get in financial trouble again. Also they are my countries flag carrier so I would love to be apart of that.

My dream regional job would be to fly with a small Airline in New Zealand called Sunair. I would love to fly one of there Senecas between Gisbourne and Napier. Although this may not be most people cup of tea. It would be an awesome job with the beautiful scenery.

Cheers Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I would kill to fly for Air New Zealand! I'm absolutely smitten with the country as a whole. Do you know of any American flight instructors down there?

-Zach

Out of about 11 attempts in the last year on a CRJ-900 or a CRJ-700, I've been able to ride one about three times unscathed by maintenance.

I had just boarded a America West Express CRJ-700 this afternoon and then the APU shut down strange, and got a bunch of anti-ice faults and then the deplaning started.

The agent working the flight said, "You oughta know better! Whenever you see CR7 or CR9, keep looking!"

I'd love to fly down in your neck of the woods as well! It's so beautiful down there!

Back