Beech 1900 versus Metroliner

Overgrown TwinBo/Queen Air.

(No, I'm serious, that's what some of those are.)
Yeah, the original merlin was. I want see how silly that looked! I want to see the jet version with the delta wing and wing mounted engines too! Swearigen was a silly man. Haha

Just figured I'd add to this. I was interviewed for a corporate jet position that required a type and time in type. I got the interview only because I had the metro on my resume. It's a brotherhood whether the hundo drivers like it or not. If and when I'm in a position to hire, it will be the same.

:)I'm actually counting down the days/months/years until I'm eligible to bid over to the Whale. Not that I have an undying need to fly a 747, only that they make more money and, uh well, I guess have the same amount of time off. ;)

But more money! And bunks!

Didn't they tell you?

I hate to break to everyone, but more money, more time off has never, EVER existed in the 121 world...

I mean, unless you HAVE to fly a building to fulfill some self perceived aviation prowess in the world, why are all of you flying 121???? :)

Last edited:
Just figured I'd add to this. I was interviewed for a corporate jet position that required a type and time in type. I got the interview only because I had the metro on my resume. It's a brotherhood whether the hundo drivers like it or not. If and when I'm in a position to hire, it will be the same.
I REALLY don't think the Metro is that big of a deal. Though, it doesn't tolerate the lazy, stupid, or cowboy, like I've seen the 99 do. At the very least, the 1900 is just a big 99(as much as the AMF guys HATE people that say that), it's just friggen BORING. I'll take the same pay for less boring. Knowing what I know about the Brasilia, that still stands. kthanksbye :)\

FWIW, the job I'm chasing has nothing but former Garret guys(ok, ONE kingair guy) working there now. Operating candyass Gulfstreams and Xs no less! Which is why I think the jet/glass/FMS BS elsewhere is such a STUPID requirement. Irrelevant... :)

Last edited:
I hate to break to everyone, but more money, more time off has never, EVER existed in the 121 world...

I mean, unless you HAVE to fly a building to fulfill some self perceived aviation prowess in the world, why are all of you flying 121???? :)
Hmmm, I'm awfully sure it doesn't exist in the 135 world.

I'd more look at if I'd want to spend time with them on the road then if they flew the metro. It's a turboprop not the space shuttle. But then again with your fantastic networking abilities I guess you gotta take what you can get.

I REALLY don't think the Metro is that big of a deal. Though, it doesn't tolerate the lazy, stupid, or cowboy, like I've seen the 99 do. At the very least, the 1900 is just a big 99(as much as the AMF guys HATE people that say that), it's just friggen BORING. I'll take the same pay for less boring. Knowing what I know about the Brasilia, that still stands. kthanksbye :)\

FWIW, the job I'm chasing has nothing but former Garret guys(ok, ONE kingair guy) working there now. Operating candyass Gulfstreams and Xs no less! Which is why I think the jet/glass/FMS BS elsewhere is such a STUPID requirement. Irrelevant... :)

You ever train someone with no jet & glass experience in a glass jet to make this statement?

That's where I went wrong!

Although an ironic post given your username.

You trained yourself?
No but the evidence exists when given constant high scores and good comments with 0 additional training required.

I'm not a sky god but when all you have to do is plop what you want in the FMS and follow around a FD it makes everything stupid easy. Back it up with common sense learned from my T-prop experience and it helps clean up any FMS errors that we all tend to make.

Back