Bad, bad news for Trans States pilots

So TSA joins the rank of most other regional airlines-They're losing flying to another regional. This other regional just so happens to be one that people have a rabid, knee jerk reaction to. To me, it's no different to what others out there, like Colgan are doing. Taking flying from another regional because they do it cheaper. Plain and simple. Where has all of Xjet's flying gone? Why is Mesaba hiring? Once you get past the hatred of one regional you must hate them all. Wages are going down, equipment is getting bigger and guys like to think their employer is better than the other. WRONG. Each regional is a back stabbing, wage suppressing, dirt bag outfit. Get over it.

No, this would be akin to Delta buying Northwest, seeing that NWA pilots work cheaper and moving ALL the flying over to Northwest while kicking the Delta guys to the curb and saying "Have fun. If you want your job back, feel free to apply for Northwest."

If it were another regional bidding on an RFP and being awarded flying another regional used to have, there's not much you can say about that. Seeing as there hasn't been an announced RFP in forever, that's not the case.

Or like USAir East did to West? Reject the binding arbitration they agreed to, decertified their Union and continue their attempt to staple AWA pilots?

Bad pilot behavior is certainly not limited to the regionals.

Update:

I have been in recurrent for the past few days and got this info strait from the horses mouth; the president of the company, Rick Leach.

Here is what we were told:

-The company did research into getting -200s for gojet but they found that it is not feasible. The E-145s cost about 60% of what a -200 would cost to operate.
-The mechanics were in the desert doing pre-buys on a number of aircraft that would be suitable but again, the costs would outweigh benefit.
-gojet is getting a few more -700s
-Trans States Holdings has no desire to phase out TSA as it is a valuable asset [whipsaw].
-Management is working on a new United program for TSA to get some more airplanes back on property.
-If all goes according to plan, the US Airways flying will be back up to 6-8 airplanes by next spring/summer
-The reason that management is letting the leases lapse on the -145s is because they are costing ~$140,000 per month and they know that they can re-negotiate the leases for cheaper as in ~$80-90,000 per month because of the current state of 50 seater demand/desire.

Is it too much to hope that some of this stuff comes true along with a contract?

Update:

I have been in recurrent for the past few days and got this info strait from the horses mouth; the president of the company, Rick Leach.

Here is what we were told:

-The company did research into getting -200s for gojet but they found that it is not feasible. The E-145s cost about 60% of what a -200 would cost to operate.
-The mechanics were in the desert doing pre-buys on a number of aircraft that would be suitable but again, the costs would outweigh benefit.
-gojet is getting a few more -700s
-Trans States Holdings has no desire to phase out TSA as it is a valuable asset [whipsaw].
-Management is working on a new United program for TSA to get some more airplanes back on property.
-If all goes according to plan, the US Airways flying will be back up to 6-8 airplanes by next spring/summer
-The reason that management is letting the leases lapse on the -145s is because they are costing ~$140,000 per month and they know that they can re-negotiate the leases for cheaper as in ~$80-90,000 per month because of the current state of 50 seater demand/desire.

I really hope that what Leach is spewing is actually the truth this time. Would be great to actually see an increase of flying in some department (Airways (!)). It's interesting that they actually did the research to see what bringing -200s on for GJ would look like. Mechanic told me the same things about more -700s for them...in fact I the first one is already here and flying unfortunately. Did he or anyone over there at the prison mention anything about any of the downgrades or furloughs being cancelled?
Is it too much to hope that some of this stuff comes true along with a contract?
Probably too much to hope for right now, but even if half of this stuff is true, it's a step in the right direction.

You should ask you MEC to ask other MEC's to revoke the jumpseat agreement with Gojet. I plan on sending an e-mail to our (eagle) guys.

I am pretty sure pinnacle doesnt have a recip agreement with GoJets. Can Kellwolf, PCL, or Higney confirm this?

PCL does not because at a time when I was commuting, I saw a gojet guy get kicked off for that very reason.

Pinnacle does not. The union jumpseat committee controls the recip agreements at Pinnacle, and Ed D. will never agree to an agreement with GoJet.

Pinnacle does not. The union jumpseat committee controls the recip agreements at Pinnacle, and Ed D. will never agree to an agreement with GoJet.

Although watch the gate agents. They're CASS, so the gate agents lately have just been putting guys that are CASS approved on without even telling the CA. I had to give one a rundown the other day. She was a little confused when I asked who signed the line that said "Captain."

Although watch the gate agents. They're CASS, so the gate agents lately have just been putting guys that are CASS approved on without even telling the CA. I had to give one a rundown the other day. She was a little confused when I asked who signed the line that said "Captain."
Gate agents don't even seem to care anymore. I wonder sometimes if they feel like "well I take the time to authorize the jumpseat and for what? the captain says he doesn't want him onboard because he's from a particular company? What a waste of my time." I wish someone would explain to these people in class, hey, here is some HISTORY on the jumpseat, here is why it is SO SO important the captain is notified and can make the decision because of THIS THIS and THIS.

In my company they are not in the FOM, then they are an illegal pax that i somehow just authorized without consent. It puts everyone in a bad situation.

Reading our JS policies and procedures manual, it reads like if they're in CASS, they're good. If they're not, then they have to be on the approved list. I was under the impression that they have to be on the approved list first, and CASS just gives them the OK to ride up front. Either way, I still have the "captain's authority" muscles.

Reading our JS policies and procedures manual, it reads like if they're in CASS, they're good. If they're not, then they have to be on the approved list. I was under the impression that they have to be on the approved list first, and CASS just gives them the OK to ride up front.
That was my understanding too.

Hm, something I should look into as well.

I figured that it would be an ok idea to post this for some of the TSA pilots that might not have gotten the memo. I will be there as I am on the SPC committee. We will be conducting informational picketing on the 19th of November from 12:00-15:00.

image003.jpg

WHY are they adding CRJ200s. Those planes are horrible in just about everything (In terms of dispatching , maintanence and fuel economics)

What is TSA thinking?!?!

Well...nothing is set in stone,(yet), but I guess the last round of contract negotiations in MCI went worse than horrible, so anything is possible.

So GoJet was OBVIOUSLY just created to get around AMR's scope requirements huh?

That's bad news.
Aroo??? I'm lost. How does GoJets flying for United Express have anything to do with AMR's scope requirements?

BobDDuck said:
Well I hope to hell ALPA National and the CAL MEC are going to do their damnedest to make sure they know.
Amen!

Aroo??? I'm lost. How does GoJets flying for United Express have anything to do with AMR's scope requirements?

Trans States cannot fly anything larger than 50 seats so long as they fly for AMR. Another certificate would not have this problem.

Back