B6 hiring

What area do the majority of current dispatchers live in? How much are people typically paying for an apartment out there?

The majority live in the suburbs of CT, NJ, LI. A typical one bedroom apartment on average in these areas ranges from $1500/m to $2000/m. There are some that live in the city (5 Burroughs) where prices are higher but that essentially any major city now.

There are also a good bit of dispatchers who commute from out of state (Florida, Carolinas, etc). Schedule flexibility and lots of PTO allow you to only work roughly 150-160 days a year so it’s not all that bad if you’re commuting.

Last edited:
I was told that I would be notified last week if I got the job or not but my profile says “Thank you for interviewing with us. We are currently reviewing and will be in touch.” Anyone else in the same boat?

I know they just brought in a class, but does anyone know if they will open up again this year?

Would anyone at B6 be willing to PM me and share B6s full payscale and how long to top out? With the possible Spirit/JetBlue merger down the road, it would be appreciated and give at least some possible clarity into what our future could hold. I know it starts at $73.6 but very interested to know what years 2, 3, 4 etc are as well. And again how long to top out. We’d like to know what we could potentially be making once merged in 2-3 years and how much better it specifically compares to Spirit’s pay. Also with Spirit starting new negotiations for our own contract sometime beginning of 2023 (although I’m sure it’ll be dragged out now for sure with this merger) it could give something to help negotiate with. I know many of us at Spirit would like just a tiny bit more peace of mind and knowledge when it comes to JetBlue, and it may help retain some folks from leaving. Since last Fall we have lost 3 to DL, 5 to AA, 3 to WN and now I hear 2 to UA. With all the merger uncertainty, the current NK low pay that needs to be higher with Florida’s post covid/ inflated cost of living and of course NYs cost of living, it would be great to know what our potential new fam’s full payscale and top out year is for some assurance. Could help some folks decide whether to move on, or stay and wait it all out. Much appreciated thanks.

Would anyone at B6 be willing to PM me and share B6s full payscale and how long to top out? With the possible Spirit/JetBlue merger down the road, it would be appreciated and give at least some possible clarity into what our future could hold. I know it starts at $73.6 but very interested to know what years 2, 3, 4 etc are as well. And again how long to top out. We’d like to know what we could potentially be making once merged in 2-3 years and how much better it specifically compares to Spirit’s pay. Also with Spirit starting new negotiations for our own contract sometime beginning of 2023 (although I’m sure it’ll be dragged out now for sure with this merger) it could give something to help negotiate with. I know many of us at Spirit would like just a tiny bit more peace of mind and knowledge when it comes to JetBlue, and it may help retain some folks from leaving. Since last Fall we have lost 3 to DL, 5 to AA, 3 to WN and now I hear 2 to UA. With all the merger uncertainty, the current NK low pay that needs to be higher with Florida’s post covid/ inflated cost of living and of course NYs cost of living, it would be great to know what our potential new fam’s full payscale and top out year is for some assurance. Could help some folks decide whether to move on, or stay and wait it all out. Much appreciated thanks.

I have seen it, and unless what I saw was old, it's roughly the same as NK's scale. NK's scale is in serious need of improvement and if this merge is truly going to happen it will need to be on par with Alaska or WN.

I have seen it, and unless what I saw was old, it's roughly the same as NK's scale. NK's scale is in serious need of improvement and if this merge is truly going to happen it will need to be on par with Alaska or WN.
Well B6s first year is $73.6k whereas NK’s is $51k. It takes NK till your second anniversary to make $72.3k… Something first years desperately need now for the current cost of living. Whether you’re in FLL or MCO, doesn’t matter much anymore honestly. So, by the time this merger may happen, they say 2024-25, first years will have been at NK for 3+ years and will still be making in the 70s. Unless we actually negotiate quickly, which I doubt. Was curious if B6 is still in the 70s after 3 years as well, or are they closer to 80k? Are they re-negotiating soon? The legacies are still making offers. WN is hiring again, and I hear DL externally soon too. Kinda tempting when they offer $72-$80k+ the first year after training (AA, UA, DL). But for those of us that wanted to be here in FL for one reason or another (granted if we’re allowed to stay here as promised), a little light at the end of the tunnel would be great. I certainly hope B6 pay is better than ours, since their first year sure is. You’re absolutely right though, NKs pay and contract needs some serious refreshing.

Well B6s first year is $73.6k whereas NK’s is $51k. It takes NK till your second anniversary to make $72.3k… Something first years desperately need now for the current cost of living. Whether you’re in FLL or MCO, doesn’t matter much anymore honestly. So, by the time this merger may happen, they say 2024-25, first years will have been at NK for 3+ years and will still be making in the 70s. Unless we actually negotiate quickly, which I doubt. Was curious if B6 is still in the 70s after 3 years as well, or are they closer to 80k? Are they re-negotiating soon? The legacies are still making offers. WN is hiring again, and I hear DL externally soon too. Kinda tempting when they offer $72-$80k+ the first year after training (AA, UA, DL). But for those of us that wanted to be here in FL for one reason or another (granted if we’re allowed to stay here as promised), a little light at the end of the tunnel would be great. I certainly hope B6 pay is better than ours, since their first year sure is. You’re absolutely right though, NKs pay and contract needs some serious refreshing.

Whatever the payscale is at B6 is irrelevant at this stage. NK is union, B6 is not. It will come down to a vote whether the combined company unionizes or not. With a new combined company will come a new combined contract, so there are many possibilities ahead for those who stick it out through the merger. Being the 5th largest airline in the US commands higher pay than whatever they are at now. I don't see NK willingly negotiating a contract in the midst of a merger but eventually it's going to happen.

B6 dispatch is due for a new compensation review this fall like we do every 2 years. This one will be interesting with the looming threat of a union due to the NK acquisition/departments merge. The company will do everything in their power to make non union attractive but at the end of the day it comes down to a vote. I’m pretty confident we’ll get a substantial pay bump during the next negotiations from what I’m hearing.

Thank you to those that messaged and answered some questions! As I said it’s just nice to have the current pay and to give even a little clarity for us here at NK. Very aware though we will be voting on union/ no union and many factors can and will change. Having at least the current pay and knowing it will only improve, may ease a little stress and help some on their decisions to stay or go. Didn’t know B6 does compensation reviews every 2 years either, that’s better than the 5 yrs a lot of places (including Spirit) do. B6s payscale is definitely better and faster moving than Spirits, which is very nice to see. Much appreciated, thanks again!

Last edited:
From the job description: The starting base pay for this role is $69,770

Is the spreadsheet wrong or did B6 lower year 1 pay?

Back