B-17 Crash / Hartford Ct (BDL closed)

1570029801385.png

Hopefully it's not any worse...but this doesn't sound good...

Collings Foundation guys were awesome and hospitable at Manchester before I got hired up there as a ramper. They knew their stuff, they loved sharing the history, and the kiddos ahead of us in line were amazed. This hurts, but I hope that everyone got out.

This could very well be the end of the Collings foundation if there was 10 fatalities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two fatalities. It's Nine-O-Nine, operated by the Collins Foundation for experience flights... I rode on it a few years back.

I rode on it a couple years back and took a tour of it at Henderson last April. Very sad.

CF took me up for a sunset flight in 909 when I was a broke-ass 17-year-old hanging around the ramp at PFN enjoying having a day with one of my favorite planes of all time.

I had been there all day long, talking to people about the plane, telling people about her, answering questions. At the end of the day, I retreated to the fence to watch them start the engines and fly off, but one of the crew came over to me.

“Hey, want to go for a ride?” I still remember his grin.

It was amazing—one of my greatest—and fondest—aviation memories.

After the flight, he gave me a laminated photo of the plane over the statue of liberty. He told me to call them when I got my commercial.

I loved that plane and that organization, and this breaks my heart.

Back