Aviation Quotes

"There are two bad things that can happen to an aviator: The first is to walk to your aircraft knowing that it will be your final flight. The second is to walk to your aircraft not knowing that it will be your final flight."

That's the gist of it. If I find the actual quote I'll post it.

"Fuel is weightless, and the only time you can have too much of it is when you're on fire."

Don't really agree, but like it anyway.

From Army aviation:

"There are two times a crewchief needs to be really concerned about what the pilots are doing in front of him. The first is when a Lieutenant says "In all my experience..." and the second is when a Warrant Officer says, "Hey everybody, watch this!"

"The four most dangerous things in aviation - A Captain with a screwdriver, an F/E with a pencil, an F/O with an idea and an F/A with a good divorce attorney."

Two JC members have these as their signature. I laugh at them both everytime I see them. I know the first one belongs to OldTownPilot.

"Summa bitch flew in, the summa bitch will fly out"

"Never fly the A model"

Two JC members have these as their signature. I laugh at them both everytime I see them. I know the first one belongs to OldTownPilot.

"Summa bitch flew in, the summa bitch will fly out"

"Never fly the A model"

One of my alltime favorites that one.

My favorites that havent been said yet -

"If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry."

When gliding operators have attained greater skill, they can maintain themselves in the air for hours at a time. — Wilbur Wright, 1901.

The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee. — Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

"Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it." :laff:

I never liked riding in helicopters because there's a fair probability that the bottom part will get going around as fast as the top part. — Lt. Col. John Wittenborn, USAFR

"See a broad to get that booty yack'em...leg'er down and rack'em sack'em"
Jive.JPG

Compliments of the gentlemen in 26 D&E

"Know your airplane, know it well, know its limitations, and above all - Know your own limitations"
-- B. Hoover

The A model quote was from my sig a while back. I stole it from a feller that flew Caravans out of MSO. He recently upgraded to the 1900.

Running an airline is like having a baby: fun to conceive, but hell to deliver.

C.E. Woolman. Founder of Delta Airlines.

Back