Aviation Quotes

fisher37

What is everybody's favorite aviation quote? This is the coolest one i've found so far...

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Lovers of air travel find it exhilarating to hang poised between the illusion of immortality and the fact of death". --Alexander Chase

The one in my signature :D

"You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck."

"In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks." - Wilbur Wright

"The last thing every pilot does before leaving the aircraft after making a gear up landing is to put the gear selection lever in the 'down' position.
"

Its better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, then flying---wishing you were on the ground.

This one is my favorite:

You haven't seen a mountain until you've seen its shadow from the sky- Amelia Earhart

I think this is how it goes. If you're ever faced with a forced landing at night, turn on the landing lights to see the landing area. If you don't like what you see, turn 'em back off.

I love walking into the maintenance shop, going to a plane with a cowling off and saying,

"Well there's your problem!"

"How to become a millionaire in aviation: Start with a billion dollars, start an airline, and poof! you'll be a milllionaire!"

"3 things you never need; runway behind you, altitude above you, and fuel when your on fire."

Also, from a DE after passing PPL
"This is your license to learn, when you know it all rip it up and take up golf."

"Because I fly, I laugh more than other men. I look up and see more than they. I know how clouds feel. What it's like to have the blue in my lap. To look down on birds. To feel freedom in a thing called the stick. Who but I can slice between God's billow-legs and feel them laugh and crash with His step? Who else has seen the unclimbed peaks? The rainbow's secret? The real reason birds sing? Because I fly, I envy no man on earth." ~unknown

Forgot who said this:

"You haven't been lost until you've been lost at mach 3".

Another good SR-71 quote was

"Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil,
for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing."

Back