Attendance tracking

I hate this crap. Just makes everyone's life harder when they're legitimately fatigured or sick.
Mere compliance is necessary but not sufficient to assure safety. “Well it’s FAR and PWA legal” is the MINIMUM standard, and not some magical recipe for success.

I always get a chuckle out of the monthly FRMT naughty list. “We told them this was a problem. Y’all be careful now, y’hear?”

Had an FO with the sticker on the camera but also had it linked to his personal apple account and was texting using the company ipad.

“It’s ok, I purchased NordVPN! I can safely engage in all sorts of illegal activity! I bought the “UltraSafe” package!”

Umm…

Me too clauses work the other way around. That sounds way more like a CP who just doesn't have the balls to tell their pilots that he's coming after them.
You are correct in a sense that it is how it is currently working.

The point system was sort of used like how some seatbelt laws are used. Secondary infractions. You couldn't pull over a person for not wearing a seatbelt but if you caught them speeding without a seatbelt you could add that infraction onto them as well.

We had pilots near it even above "termination" levels of points and they did nothing about it beyond a phone call to the pilot. However, if they were called into the office for something else then you better believe they would use the points as ammo for discipline.

Ultimately the point systems were massively flawed from the start. One way to reduce your point total is to not call out sick during a calendar quarter. That means if you called out sick for a two day trip (.5 points per day) in January you would have to wait till July for that point to potentially drop off. The same goes for a person that calls out sick at the end of March. Vastly different punishment for the same "crime."

It creates scenarios where you can have two different people call out sick the exact same amount of times in a year but have two completely different point totals. Absolute trash system IMO.

Heck it causes a huge problem if you call out sick on a carry-out trip leading into a new quarter. That taints both quarters.

Had an FO with the sticker on the camera but also had it linked to his personal apple account and was texting using the company ipad.
I have seen CAs connect to the free wifi at my shop. That requires a login that they could easily target. "Hey wait a minute, X person wasn't on this flight..."

Back