Atlas/ Polar Hiring?

flynryan692

Anybody from Atlas/ Polar have any idea if they're actually hiring? For months now they've posted, but I never hear or see anything about it. I think they have posted 4 times in the last 6 months now. I've applied a couple times and all of the applications are still open. I never got any TBNT. Are these legit positing or some sort of test or error?

They just lost 2 to Southwest, and they were already understaffed as it was. As far as I know, they will need to hire more. As for when a class date or interviews or anything else of that nature is concerned, I have no idea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I received my certificate back in march and have applied at atlas holdings no less than 5 times since and have heard nothing from them.

I had a phone interview on Friday. I hope it went well. All though I was confused when they asked me flag operation questions. I have been working Domestic operations for the last 7 years

That’s how the pilot interviews are too.

“I see you have been flying the CRJ for 8 years. Tell me about the NAT tracks.”

So long as you don't blank and stare off before dropping an endless "UHHHHHHH," I've thought that's pretty much what those questions are for.

I received my certificate back in march and have applied at atlas holdings no less than 5 times since and have heard nothing from them.
They typically don't hire dispatchers without prior experience. They have at times in the past but that's the exception. My experience in this industry is that if they are interested you will hear from them but otherwise it's crickets. In the meantime... keep applying cuz the answer is always no otherwise.

I had an in-person interview with them for one of the recent postings. The interview seemed to go well, and I was told I had passed the written exam, yet I got ghosted afterwards. A simple TBNT would have been nice. Oh well--such is life.

I don’t know much about your guy’s side of the house, but for us it was more “did you find and read the gouge and study accordingly?”
May appear that way but I can guarantee that pretty much no one has that experience before they start at our operation. If you know basic things about the NAT and NOPAC, that's cool, but if you don't just admit you don't and move on.

I have to say this. So I applied and interviewed for the position, I thought everything went well, A few days later I found out someone else in my shop got the Job over me. I'm not upset about that, I am actually happy for that person. What I am upset about is the professional courtesy. And before anybody goes off on a tangent about "That's the norm in the business." I understand that you're not always going to get the tbnt letter, but when the hiring manager emails you directly prior to the rejection and says "If you need to reach out feel free to send an e-mail." So I sent the hiring manager an email to gain information as to what I could have done better during the interview, or what prevented me from obtaining a dispatch position with the company so I can better prepare for the next opportunity or future opportunities. A week has gone by and I have not heard a word, this is an example of poor management even poor leadership. Good leaders/management won't keep somebody down. They will in fact helped others to be better. That being said maybe that shop might not have been a good fit for me due to the unprofessionalism of not being able to respond to a simple email.

I understand that you're not always going to get the tbnt letter, but when the hiring manager emails you directly prior to the rejection and says "If you need to reach out feel free to send an e-mail." So I sent the hiring manager an email to gain information as to what I could have done better during the interview, or what prevented me from obtaining a dispatch position with the company so I can better prepare for the next opportunity or future opportunities. A week has gone by and I have not heard a word, this is an example of poor management even poor leadership. Good leaders/management won't keep somebody down. They will in fact helped others to be better. That being said maybe that shop might not have been a good fit for me due to the unprofessionalism of not being able to respond to a simple email.

It's unfortunately not uncommon to get no TBNT. I have gotten them before (or phone calls) after interviews but it seems more often you just hear nothing. One major I interviewed at sent a "Dear Applicant" email informing me I wasn't selected, another one never told me anything until I called them. Best to just accept it and move on.

Back