Atlas/ Polar Hiring?

It's unfortunately not uncommon to get no TBNT. I have gotten them before (or phone calls) after interviews but it seems more often you just hear nothing. One major I interviewed at sent a "Dear Applicant" email informing me I wasn't selected, another one never told me anything until I called them. Best to just accept it and move on.
I agree with you as to accept it and move on. Just when I send an email after the Hiring manager said to feel free to reach out as I just wanted to know where I could have done better. Just leaves a negative opinion for that company. I too have had rejection letters sent from majors and I get that due to the fact that there are thousands of applications for them, but I don't think there was a lot of applications for this shop,and seeing that they told me they didn't interview a whole lot of people they could have taken a time to reply back. But again I agree with you accept it and move on

I agree with you as to accept it and move on. Just when I send an email after the Hiring manager said to feel free to reach out as I just wanted to know where I could have done better. Just leaves a negative opinion for that company. I too have had rejection letters sent from majors and I get that due to the fact that there are thousands of applications for them, but I don't think there was a lot of applications for this shop,and seeing that they told me they didn't interview a whole lot of people they could have taken a time to reply back. But again I agree with you accept it and move on

There are potential legal ramifications for answering the question of "Why didn't I make it?" or "What could I do better?"

Most places don't want to risk a discrimination lawsuit, so its better to just stay quiet.

Sucks, but it is what it is. Thank the lawyers!

I have to say this. So I applied and interviewed for the position, I thought everything went well, A few days later I found out someone else in my shop got the Job over me. I'm not upset about that, I am actually happy for that person. What I am upset about is the professional courtesy. And before anybody goes off on a tangent about "That's the norm in the business." I understand that you're not always going to get the tbnt letter, but when the hiring manager emails you directly prior to the rejection and says "If you need to reach out feel free to send an e-mail." So I sent the hiring manager an email to gain information as to what I could have done better during the interview, or what prevented me from obtaining a dispatch position with the company so I can better prepare for the next opportunity or future opportunities. A week has gone by and I have not heard a word, this is an example of poor management even poor leadership. Good leaders/management won't keep somebody down. They will in fact helped others to be better. That being said maybe that shop might not have been a good fit for me due to the unprofessionalism of not being able to respond to a simple email.

That is never going to happen. Don't throw out the bathwater just yet.

I have had and heard of similar horror stories about this same issue and it's unfortunately becoming a systemic problem. It all comes down to the hiring managers and or lead recruiters. From the legacy majors to the top corporate jets. People have been left hanging with no word, but I also have heard and can confirm that a few airlines keep people on their hiring pool list and call them when a next class is open. It has happened with"AA" & and right now with "DL". Even to me with a small "Regional". But by that time, I had a better offer. Look at the situation at Spirit and Frontier. They both loss candidates to AA & SWA. Now NK has a better contract to keep up with the pack. Just keep trying, if you get a chance with one, another will be sure to follow. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that it’s bad form not to at least send a TBNT letter.

That said, I was recently down for recurrent in the last couple months. For better or worse, management came into our class and said that the average longevity of our dispatchers is 18 months.

So basically new dispatchers, 2-3 year captains, FOs who are Gojet rejects, and management that is filing lawsuits against its pilot group.

Under better circumstances this could be a great place to work, but do you really want to risk your ticket?

I agree that it’s bad form not to at least send a TBNT letter.

That said, I was recently down for recurrent in the last couple months. For better or worse, management came into our class and said that the average longevity of our dispatchers is 18 months.

So basically new dispatchers, 2-3 year captains, FOs who are Gojet rejects, and management that is filing lawsuits against its pilot group.

Under better circumstances this could be a great place to work, but do you really want to risk your ticket?
Not sure who in management said the average dispatcher has been there 18 months. That number is more like 8-10 years after factoring in all the new hires recently due to the move.

Maybe he meant out of the dispatchers recently hired over the last few years... there are a few (maybe 6 or 7? myself, included) that have left after less than 24 months of employment. But there are plenty of dispatchers there with +10 years seniority.

That said, I wouldn't discourage anyone from going to Atlas/Polar/Southern (especially Southern, let's be honest workload + pay = gravy train) as the experience was definitely worthwhile, especially at Atlas with the type of adhoc flying they do, it can be a fun challenge, and the guys and gals there in dispatch make it an enjoyable experience.

<3 miss you who'swho.

Maybe he meant out of the dispatchers recently hired over the last few years... there are a few (maybe 6 or 7? myself, included) that have left after less than 24 months of employment. But there are plenty of dispatchers there with +10 years seniority.

That said, I wouldn't discourage anyone from going to Atlas/Polar/Southern (especially Southern, let's be honest workload + pay = gravy train) as the experience was definitely worthwhile, especially at Atlas with the type of adhoc flying they do, it can be a fun challenge, and the guys and gals there in dispatch make it an enjoyable experience.

<3 miss you who'swho.
Hope you have found some good mar-gher-itas father J.

This got published about Atlas right after the crash happened...attention-grabbing headline aside, it does sound like they have some issues there. Hope things are better for the dispatchers.

Back