ATC Pay Scale

Bumping this because I've been asked several times today for payscale info...one and only bump!! (SEE YA' IN MEMPHIS JULY 23RD!!!!) :D

I think I missed something. What do the minimum and maximum amounts represent for the developmental stages? Is that just based on how well you do?

I think I missed something. What do the minimum and maximum amounts represent for the developmental stages? Is that just based on how well you do?

From original post:

Note: If you are an initial hire (all hiring sources) you will always be paid the minimum while in training.

I believe (don't quote me) the maximum if for those newbies who started pre change in pay scale.

Folks,

Here's a neat calculator to figure your estimated gross and net earnings for whatever your future salary will be. You can tailor it to your specific state and tax situation (married, deductions, etc).

I was impressed with my future take home once I fully check out (especially compared to the peanuts I'm making right now) - but it only makes me wonder "what might have been" under the Green Book. I'm very grateful for this opportunity though and look forward to my career.

Folks,

Here's a neat calculator to figure your estimated gross and net earnings for whatever your future salary will be. You can tailor it to your specific state and tax situation (married, deductions, etc).

I was impressed with my future take home once I fully check out (especially compared to the peanuts I'm making right now) - but it only makes me wonder "what might have been" under the Green Book. I'm very grateful for this opportunity though and look forward to my career.

Even with Kansas state tax? Also, remember, if you're planning on living in Johnson County.. (Overland Park / Olathe)... you'll have county taxes on everything if I remember right! (Except income I think)... I want to say I had to pay city/county income tax in KC, MO though. My memory fades.

Even with Kansas state tax? Also, remember, if you're planning on living in Johnson County.. (Overland Park / Olathe)... you'll have county taxes on everything if I remember right! (Except income I think)... I want to say I had to pay city/county income tax in KC, MO though. My memory fades.

Yea, you can select what state you'll be living in and they calculate your state's tax along with the medicare, social security and Federal taxes.

Might I also add (or rather, deduct): Medical insurance dues, union dues, retirement plan TSP deductions, and a few others I believe ATCers may be subjected to.

But otherwise, yes thank you for the calculator.

From original post:

Note: If you are an initial hire (all hiring sources) you will always be paid the minimum while in training.

I believe (don't quote me) the maximum if for those newbies who started pre change in pay scale.

Ok, thanks. I thought it was a range for everyone as you completed the stages based on your "performance". When I read the original post, I did not understand why there would be a min/max if I was only eligible for the minimum. I am going to re-sum this up, just to make sure I am reading it all correctly.

Since I have been hired after the payscale changes (what almost 2 years ago right?), I will only receive the minimum raise at each stage (D1, D2, ...). Those that were hired on before they changed the payscale, they have the chance to fall within that range of pay?

Ok, thanks. I thought it was a range for everyone as you completed the stages based on your "performance". When I read the original post, I did not understand why there would be a min/max if I was only eligible for the minimum. I am going to re-sum this up, just to make sure I am reading it all correctly.

Since I have been hired after the payscale changes (what almost 2 years ago right?), I will only receive the minimum raise at each stage (D1, D2, ...). Those that were hired on before they changed the payscale, they have the chance to fall within that range of pay?

That's my understanding. Some confusing math about % of max from one step to the next and blah blah, and if your middle toe is your longest to, then there's some other stipulation.

So, if I want to know what my payscale is going to be at each level I just look at the minimum right? Because that is the most I can make being hired in after the payscale changes?

So, if I want to know what my payscale is going to be at each level I just look at the minimum right? Because that is the most I can make being hired in after the payscale changes?

By the time we all checkout, I'm willing to bet there will be a contract change that'll make this discussion obsolete...
With the FAA paying people to transfer and not retire, eventually they'll have to admit their mistake and give the controllers something reasonable.

But yes, once you checkout, you'll be at the minimum CPC rate multiplied by your locality rate.

Yeah, I hear you on that one and we can only hope. Until then I can only try and plan on whats in front of me. Glad I looked at this thread though because I was thinking our pay at each level would fall somewhere between the min and max...not be right at the minimum. Thanks again.

Yeah, I hear you on that one and we can only hope. Until then I can only try and plan on whats in front of me. Glad I looked at this thread though because I was thinking our pay at each level would fall somewhere between the min and max...not be right at the minimum. Thanks again.

Don't forget to add in locality pay!!

Formula (Minimum $) + (Minimum $ x Locality %) = Pay

where can i find information on locality pay? what is it in louisiana or texas?

Go back to the very first post of this thread. The locality %s are listed. It's not by state, it's by city. If your facilities' city is not listed, it's rest of the US at the bottom.

Back