As Requested: Monthly Schedule Bidding

So is it safe to say if your a delta, or any airline for that matter employee with flight privilages you have access to the number you talked about? Or is it just for pilots?

Only employees have access to TravelNet and the TravelNet VRU. And Kristie!
smile.gif

Wouldn't it be easier to commute to SLC. I know you would have to switch to the 738. Are you thinking about switching and no why not?

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be easier to commute to SLC. I know you would have to switch to the 738. Are you thinking about switching and no why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it would involve six weeks of training to train on the 737-300, 737-800 or the 757/767 to transfer to SLC.

I figured I'd "bunt" the ball and transfer to ATL because I'm already trained on the MD-88.

Actually, I'd like to bid the LAX 767 or the SLC 737-800, but I figured I'd start by 'improving' my commute and wait a few months to see what pans out with advanced entitlements on aircraft bids.

SLC would be an easier commute and all of the DFW MD88/90 FO's who commute from PHX transferred up to SLC and thus are starting training soon. But it simply means a bunch of RJ's with non-reservable jumpseats and a single Delta jet. Plus factor in the wintertime weather "fun", and it could get pretty interesting.

Ultimately, I really have my eyes on the LAX 757/767 category because there are literally trillions of flights between PHX and the three airports I'd fly out of: LAX/ONT/SNA.

[ QUOTE ]
I know it probably wont be the same program but is there a place where you can see all flights and seats available?

[/ QUOTE ] nope.... in order to find out what hte other loads are, you have to call a specific number and listen to the computerized voice and type out each flight separately to get the numbers... it's a royal pain if it's not your airline... with delta, we can look at the loads via computer but since we're not with AWA, SWA, AA or what not - we have to "call" in to the other airlines...

[ QUOTE ]
So is it safe to say if your a delta, or any airline for that matter employee with flight privilages you have access to the number you talked about? Or is it just for pilots?

[/ QUOTE ] if your a delta pilot/spouse - you have the ability to look (via computer) at delta only & call to check on the others... if your SWA - SWA only.. AWA - AWA only.. Continental - Cont only...get the idea? I think the other airlines also have their own intranet websites to look up loads but we (as delta people) can't get to them...practically all of the airline info is considered classified information (in a sense)...and even we are supposed to be careful as to who we give it out to...

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you replying from? You're not on the whos online list.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Matrix... Muhahaha!

Alas, there is a 'backdoor' at America West, but I'm not saying!
smile.gif

commuting protection? what protection???
crazy.gif
there is no protection... you choose to live away from base, you choose to commute on your own free will - they have no responsibility to help you get to work!
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of commuting protection does Delta have or allow?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a 'call in honest' policy so if you aren't able to get on two consecutive flights that would arrive in a reasonable amount of time prior to your scheduled check in time, you won't get in trouble. But just don't use the 'Get Out of Jail" free card too often.

Basically, nothing.

Hey Doug,
I was just wondering- why don't you bid on the 733 line since most of them fly around the west coast? You can avoid ATL and east coast routes. The furtest i have seen the 733 (DFW/SLC based) go is DTW from SLC, which just started a few days ago. It seems to me you will be less exhausted when you commute back home, if you fly 733 than the MD-88/90.

like he said (read above) - to switch aircraft, he has to go thru 6 weeks of training in ATL...I wouldn't mind him switching aircraft, bases or what not - but the commute would be just as crappy as DFW since it's all RJ's to SLC, i'm not sure if seniority is high enough that he could get weekends off or be off of reserve and he doesn't really want to have to go thru 6 weeks of being away from home right now...

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Doug,
I was just wondering- why don't you bid on the 733 line since most of them fly around the west coast? You can avoid ATL and east coast routes. The furtest i have seen the 733 (DFW/SLC based) go is DTW from SLC, which just started a few days ago. It seems to me you will be less exhausted when you commute back home, if you fly 733 than the MD-88/90.

[/ QUOTE ]

Six weeks of training in ATL is why.

Next time I train, I want at least five years out of the move so I'm casually watching my seniority on the 757/767.

Because once I train on the 757/767, if I transfer to the 767-ER later, it's a very short international flying course and I'm done.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'd like to bid the LAX 767 or the SLC 737-800, but I figured I'd start by 'improving' my commute and wait a few months to see what pans out with advanced entitlements on aircraft bids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug I always hear you make mention of wanting to bid the 767 outa LAX. Do you favor the 767 over the 757?

Also since both the 757/767 have a similar type rating can you only bid one airplane if awarded LAX or would you fly both aircraft during a given month or trip?

Lastly if awarded LAX you would be flying domestically but to what cities. I know LAX has LAX-HNL and LAX-MCO you know of any others (you don't have to list all).

Also when you bid up to the 767-300ER and can hold an international line is your next goal going to be F/O on 777?

Matthew

Nah, I'm just trying to 'bid smart'.

Ultimately, I don't want to voluntarily train for another 5 years after changing aircraft.

International? Heck yeah! This probably sounds weird, but domestic flying is a little uninspiring after a few years when your company has international operations.

I'd be the guy at Southwest squirming in his seat.

If I train on the 757/767 and fly it domestically, then want to transition to international, it's a short international regs ground course (I think):

And the flying is way more interesting:

7ER.gif

Back