Article on Delta's One yr CAs

So what happens when the CS comes on line and the MD series gets parked? Displacements?
As of now we have more airframes coming in than going out. CS is mostly an RJ replacement. Look for the company to convert options to CS300 which would replace a small number of MD88s. There will be another RFP this fall for aircraft type to replace MD88. MD90 will be in the fleet much longer than the 88s.

Eyebrow windows for "celestial navigation"... OMG I damn near peed myself laughing when I read that. They're for visibility, yes, but not "celestial navigation".

"Did you remember your sextant and star charts this trip, First Officer?"
"Aww damn, forgot to do that update to the Surface, sorry Cap!"

lololololololol

Eyebrow windows for "celestial navigation"... OMG I damn near peed myself laughing when I read that. They're for visibility, yes, but not "celestial navigation".

lololololololol

'Cancer Windows'

lololololololol

The 747 still has a two position switch for the beacon "Both/Lower." I'm told it's left over from back in those days.

If we still had the sextant port, it'd give you something to do in cruise at least.
I mean why not learn celestial navigation when you have nothing better to do?
I bought a well weathered 1942 vintage book on the subject in a used book store in Kona.

I bet it could tell some stories.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dang. There's going to be more than a few guys who spend the majority of there time at Delta as captains.

There's around 15-20 guys who got 190 captain at AA under a year and are still on the plane. I know I'm holding out for the left seat of the 73 before the 190 goes away. The timing should work out.

The window closed on the 190 quick upgrade a a little while back so it's not nearly as widespread as at DL.

Back